Anyone been to Breezes by the Bay?

bobcattk

After my morning stingray city & snorkeling tour I plan on getting lunch and doing some shopping before returning to the ship.

Has anyone been to Breezes by the Bay?

What did you think?

Average entree price in USD?

It is supposedly close to La Casa del Habano where I plan on buying my husband his 30th birthday gift, cuban cigars (to smoke before returning home).

Is there a good place to buy rum and Totuga Rum Cakes near there also? I know I need to buy the rum early, so I'd like to buy the rum, eat, and then continue shopping.

• 1 month later...

Me and a friend spent quite a while there during our stop back in October. We really liked it, had much better "local" atmosphere than the other chain place (Margaritaville, Hard Rock, etc). The food prices were about what you would expect from a typical restaurant here in the states like Chili's, Applebees, etc. but obviously with local choices instead. I didn't try the food (more of a liquid lunch at the bar :D) but the place was busy the whole time and the food looked good.

There is a rum/liquor place right where the ships let off, but it seemed very expensive. There was another liquor store in the basement below Breezes that was much cheaper. All liquor bought in port goes straight to the ship so you don't have to carry it.

I also went in the cigar shop you mentioned. They had a nice selection. Don't know what the odds are of actually getting a Cuba cigar outside of Cuba from what some people have told me, but these at least looked the part. Im sure you can find some other posts on here from the cigar-minded concerning that.

I was at Breezes in November. The view is really good from there. The drink prices were not bad. Had the Hurricane. Very good.

Food prices were a bit steep. We had fish and chips,one appetizer (that we split) and one drink and paid $35 each. Food was average.

Archived