Which Room???

Roxie2008

Hi!

Now I'm trying to figure out what kind of room I should book for my family. It will be me, hubby and 10 year old daughter. I definitely want a balcony but after looking at all the different ones I'm overwhelmed once again. Alot of the Balcony staterooms look and sound the same in the descriptions but the price just keeps going up. Should I just get the cheapest balcony room or go for a higher priced one??? Are we going to be in the room that much anyway??? Any advice???

Hi!

Now I'm trying to figure out what kind of room I should book for my family. It will be me, hubby and 10 year old daughter. I definitely want a balcony but after looking at all the different ones I'm overwhelmed once again. Alot of the Balcony staterooms look and sound the same in the descriptions but the price just keeps going up. Should I just get the cheapest balcony room or go for a higher priced one??? Are we going to be in the room that much anyway??? Any advice???

Many of the cabins are the same; usually the higher prices come with a higher deck. If you are new to cruising and are not sure if you are prone to being seasick you may want to stick to a lower deck and towards the center of the ship. We went for the lowest available balcony category and deck available for our week. This put us on deck 10; which is about half way between the main dining / theaters and kid's club / pool.

Being a new ship no one is exactly sure what each cabin will look like, but based on the press releases the standard balconies are all the same and and the deluxe balconies are a stretched version of a standard (the family deluxe may have a bath tub instead of a shower and a pull-down bed for a fourth person). For a family of 3 in a standard balcony you and hubby would have twins that can be put together into one bed and DD would have a pullout sofa. From the deck plans it appears like some of the balconies may be larger where the Epic bumps out on the sides, but like many of the other specific details those of us going on the Epic next summer will need to wait for the CC reviews from the trans-Atlantic cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

The Epic has some of the smallest standard cabins of any newbuild latley. Bear in mind the balcony cabin sizes include the balcony...std balcony 216 s.f minus 65 s.f balcony only gives you approx 150 sf interior space. The deluxe balcony gives you approx 200 sf of interior space.....crucial if you have more than 2 in a cabin. Plus the deluxes have a little better location, a well as some few percs. If this is a first cruise, stay low and towards midship.

Archived