Roaches at the Intercontinental San Juan??

Geocat

I read the last 2 reviews on Trip Advisor that people had roaches in their rooms at the Intercontinental San Juan. Has anyone else ever had roaches during their stays there? We are staying 2 nights prior to cruise in early January. We booked on Priceline for $107 per night.

Thanks!:eek:

I read the last 2 reviews on Trip Advisor that people had roaches in their rooms at the Intercontinental San Juan. Has anyone else ever had roaches during their stays there? We are staying 2 nights prior to cruise in early January. We booked on Priceline for $107 per night.

Thanks!:eek:

I cannot say that there are no roaches there at all..may be true..but my husband and I stayed there 2 days precruise in April before our Princess cruise and saw no roaches. the room was very clean and the hotel was gorgeous. We went to the spa there for massages after we arrived and hund out at the pool and dipped in the spa. We ate at Alfredo's restaurant there. we loved it!

I am actually heading back to san Juan for another cruise in March next year but on different cruise line and with my sister and her daughter. I opted to stay at the Sheraton Old san Juan pre cruise so we could literally walk out the door and go to the ship. Figured with the kids would be easier. But I would have not hesitated to stay at IC again.

Actaully..we really liked the nightlife over at the El san Juan right next door..so go there at night. The cool big open room with multiple bars and salsa dancing was cool to just hang out there and listen to the music and drink fun rum drinks. We then went into one of the bars/restaurants off that main room..forget the name but it is off in the corner..we sat at the cool modern bar and had a few drinks there.

Oh..and the BEST starbucks frappacino I ever had was at the starbucks at El San Juan..I don;t dirnk alot of coffeee..but like the frappacinos'...something about the coffee..it was sooo good. I still think about it!

I think you will be happy there. The caribbean in general will have more insects and creatures around..don't think of roaches there as being a filfthy place..they are just one the many bugs you might see there..but really..I didn't see any!

Thank you so much Patty! I feel so much better now! I have been so nervous about the roaches! I was in Florida at the Walt Disney World Swan and I saw a roach on the Disney Boat and freeked out! I have to remember that this is the carribean and we may see some bugs...Thanks for all the other good information. I can't wait to go in January. :D

Archived