Mountain to Sea Bike Adventure?

popoki321

Has anyone done the Mountain to Sea Bike Adventure? Celebrity offers it as one of their excursions. I think the tour is through Chukka Cove. If anyone can provide any information it would be extremely helpful. Thanks.

Thanks. It seems like alot of fun and a nice way to see the area. I'm just a little worried about getting harassed along the way. Did your husband run into any problems like that? So many of the posts I've read have made me very nervous about Jamaica.

• 2 months later...

My wife & I did the Mountain to Sea Bike Adventure through RCL & Chukka Cove in 2002. We had a great time. It's about a 7 mile downhill bike ride (mostly on roads, not really mountain biking) that stops about half way down the mountain at the Spicy Grove Tavern for a taste of Jamacian food and refreshments (Red Stipe or soda). You then continue on to the shore where you can jump into the water from the rocks (about 15 foot drop) or just swim from the coast and refreshments are once again provided (rum punch). We had a blast. We then went to Margaritaville until our ship left port.

We were not harassed at all during excursion. You ride in a more residential area, stopping at a school along the way. No vendors pushing any of their goods.

No bottle cages on the bikes. We did the excursion in October and had no problems getting too hot.

I think total the excursion was about 4 hours. About a 30 minute bus ride to the top of the mountain and another 15 minutes back to the pier after swimming in the cove. We stopped at the Spicy Grove Tavern for about 15 minutes and swam in the cove for about 45 minutes. The remainder of the time we were on the bikes.

The bikes were in pretty good shape and had front wheel suspensions.

Archived