How book kids clubs and how they work

Pebbles1967

Can someone please enlighten me how the Disney (Magic) kids clubs work? I intend on spending as much time with my husband as possible on this trip and I want to make sure the kids enjoy themselves also. So how do I book them into the kids club activities? When can I do so? How long are the sessions? What about meals?

Any kids club comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Pebs

You can get them all signed up for the kids club and pick up your pager at the terminal before you even embark. I don't remember the kids club closing during the day like other lines (if they did it was minimal) and I believe they were open until 2am, no additional charge at night. They can eat with the club if you and your husband want to have a few meals alone. After, the first meal they had with the club my kids wanted to eat with them and we had to beg them to come eat with us!

Thanks Dreaminofsun

2am! Wow Im afraid If I left them there that late (early) they'll want to sleep all the next day!

I'm so looking forward to this holiday. We have four sons and my husband and I never have a moment to spend together. This is going to be brilliant!

Thanks for your comments

Pebs

No Problem!

When we went we were fully expecting it to be a family vacation. We were pleasantly surprized with all the alone time we got! We almost didn't know what to do with ourselves (figured it out pretty quick though!)

They put mats out for the kids at around 10pm and put on a Disney movie. We left our kids there till midnight once (while we went to an 80's rock party) and they were sleeping when we came to pick them up.

Hmmm.... I don't know about that but I'm sure they are prepared for a lot of kids. I would get them registered right away just to be safe. I can't remember if there was anything about the kids club on the online check in since my husband did ours but you might want to check the website.

Do the clubs ever get so booked up you can't get your kids in?

Thanks for all the great tips Dreaminofsun! So excited!

They have room for everyone. Nobody gets turned away.

You can drop off and pick up your kids at any time except while the kids are moving between activities.

It hasn't been asked yet but the kids clubs are open continuously including during meals. If your kids are in there during meal times, they go to Topsider's with the others.

Cheers everyone for all your help! We have four sons and never had relatives or babysitters for them. We're raising them 100% on our own and it's always been an absolute DREAM for the two of us just to have a few hours away for just US. This cruise is going to be the best holiday for everyone!

Pebs

You can register into the kids clubs 75 days prior to the cruise if you are first time cruiser with DCL. 90 days prior if your a member of Castaway Club, which is achieved after your first cruise. 105 days prior to your cruise if you are a concierge guest. I'm so excited for you and hubby to have a great time while the kids are discoverying their fun too :D...we are planning on doing the same on our cruise in January. We have similar story to yours except we only have 2 girls (twins).

Thanks SSSUNG! I'm so looking forward to spending some alone time with my husband. I don't care if it was on Gilligan's Island! :o)

Please let me know how your cruise goes. What's the weather supposed to be like that time of year?

Im an American living in England so we only have a 2.5 hour drive down to Dover :o) What airline you flying?

Pebs

• 1 month later...

Pebs,

I also have four sons and am looking into booking a cruise for our family of 6. Can you tell me how you booked your rooms? I am guessing you did two rooms, right? I have cruised Carnival many times and am familiar with the best ways (convenience and financially) to book with them bt am new to the Disney cruiseline. Are you and your husband going to have your own room? Sorry so many questions. I am super excited for you and your family! Have fun!

We registered my daughter online at the Disney Cruise website in advance. You enter all of their details (name, etc) and pick a password that you must use when you pick the child up. I believe you will be all set (except picking up the pager when you arrive).

Angela

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks SSSUNG! I'm so looking forward to spending some alone time with my husband. I don't care if it was on Gilligan's Island! :o)

Please let me know how your cruise goes. What's the weather supposed to be like that time of year?

Im an American living in England so we only have a 2.5 hour drive down to Dover :o) What airline you flying?

Pebs

I am an American living in England as well! I am very close to booking the same cruise and you keep asking the same questions I have.

Thank you! Maybe we can meet up if we book the cruise!

Archived