Has anyone tried walking to Lovers Beach

jp20

Traveling to Cabo San Lucas with a group of exercise junkies who would love to walk to Lovers Beach from the cruise ship and from Google Earth it looks like it can be done. Has anyone done this? I would love to read about your experiences, thank you.

The only way to walk there is to hike over Mt Solmar from the Pacific side of the beach. It is not an easy hike, the paths are not very visable and there are places where you have to run across the sand to get to the next rock and if you don't time it right, the waves will crash into you. I have lots of friends who do this hike everytime they are in Cabo but they know where to go, I would not advise doing it unless you are with someone who knows the area well and has done it many times before.

I have stayed several times at my sister's condo at Terrasol on the Pacific side (next door to Solmar). Sometimes there are locals perched there at the south end of the beach to guide you (for a "tip") in the walk to lover's beach. I didn't do it myself but some of our travel companions did and they aren't exactly elite athletes. They had no problems.

Archived