Princess Special Offers

BosoxI

That's an interesting take on things. My wife and I are almost Elites, so maybe we're being penalized!:p If we've ever gotten a 2 fer, I must have ignored it. There were times when they could have let us have the OS for free and we still couldn't have gone. So I might have just tossed the mailing. Incidentally, though it really makes no difference to me now, the cost sof the cruise on the Ruby are now back up to their original levels. They bounce around from minte to minute. For some inexplicable reason I am fascinated by all this.

We have been Elite for a very long time, and I never remember getting any of the 2 for 1 deals. So don't feel alone in this!

I don't think I've ever gotten a Princess mailing that had prices as low as I can find many places online.

The 2-1 prices especially seem like a poor deal as the starting price is so high. They must get a lot more people who pay the high list price than you'd think.

I don 't consider 2-1 prices good at all; That's 50% off--almost every cruise we've sailed has been much more off than that. Maybe it's good if you are sailing solo.

I know there are probably exceptions, but it seems to me that the email and ground mail offers we get are mostly for the naive/inexperienced cruiser who doesn't realize that the starting prices are almost never paid by anyone with experience.

For me there is no rhyme or reason for these 2 for 1 offers. I booked my Hawaiian cruise in October (For next April) for a price I am very happy with, and a month later I got a brochure for an up to a 2 for 1 offer for Hawaiian cruises next Spring at prices not quite as good as what I paid. However, our deal for our recent Canada/New England cruise did show up when I had nothing booked with Princess.

Archived