Junior Suite vs. Aft Wrap

USA SHARK

Looking for more suggestions! Now that our price has been lowered on our Aft Wrap (8455), we noticed there is one room left in a Junior Suite (9205) for only $20 more.

The JS is 275 sf vs. 185 sf in the Aft Wrap Balcony and the balcony size is 65 sf on Liberty vs. 75 on the Aft Wrap (other Conquest Class balconies for this room is 35 sf, but Liberty is bigger).

What would you do if you could choose between the two??

Looking for more suggestions! Now that our price has been lowered on our Aft Wrap (8455), we noticed there is one room left in a Junior Suite (9205) for only $20 more.

The JS is 275 sf vs. 185 sf in the Aft Wrap Balcony and the balcony size is 65 sf on Liberty vs. 75 on the Aft Wrap (other Conquest Class balconies for this room is 35 sf, but Liberty is bigger).

I would keep what you have.. 9205 is all the way forward and has a limited view and more motion in bad weather. The Balcony will be MUCH smaller ,no matter what those deck plans say as they are NOT always correct. Anyone whom has ever had a Deck 8 Wrap will tell you that Balcony is WAY Bigger then 75 sq ft.. You have a very sought after cabin, and i'm sure if you give it up, their is most likely a wait list to get a wrap and it will be gone fast..:eek: My 2 cents..:)

We just cruised on the Carnival Glory and had the aft wrap on deck 7. I was concerned because we had always had a JS (cat 11) and I liked having the extra room. I was also concerned about all the walking at being on the back of the ship. Well, I loved the aft wrap. Yes, the room was smaller, but I liked the layout and I loved having that large balcony. If it was windy, you could go to the side of the balcony and get out of the wind and vise versa. It wasn't that far from anything, as I had thought, we just took the back elevators and were close to the buffet and aft pool. Then when we wanted to go to the middle or front of the ship, take the same elevators to deck 5 and walk to the front. It turned out to be very convenient. I think you'll be glad to have that big balcony. Enjoy.

if i were you i would stick with where you are... call and request an obc or something... but ive read some really terrible reviews of the JS's and given the choice i would take a wrap in a heartbeat!! (we booked a ext balcony and upgraded to an OS... the room we originally wanted, next to the aft wrap, but if the aft wrap opened up, id hop on that as long as the cost was reasonable!!)

if i were you i would stick with where you are... call and request an obc or something... but ive read some really terrible reviews of the JS's and given the choice i would take a wrap in a heartbeat!! (we booked a ext balcony and upgraded to an OS... the room we originally wanted, next to the aft wrap, but if the aft wrap opened up, id hop on that as long as the cost was reasonable!!)

Trust me - you will want to stay where you are. I had booked cabin 9205 Junior Suite and after doing research on it I switched back to my aft wrap. The JS room is large but here are the cons from what I have learned:

1. You only have a standard size balcony and it is obstructed by the bridge so you can only see down the back of the ship.

2. The balcony is SO WINDY that you cannot really use it.

3. The Bridge can see directly into your cabin thru your balcony.

4. There is a large picture window in your cabin that opens up directly to a public deck so anyone can look in your cabin you have that window open.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for everyone's thoughts. I'm glad I belong to this group because I came close to changing, but I guess we will stay with the Aft Wrap. The junior suite would be nice, but the trade off doesn't sound like it's worth it, even though the balcony on Liberty in 9205 is 65 SF, it would still have the obstructed view forward thanks to the Captain Suite that sticks out.

Now, as if my indecision wasn't enough on the JS, I also noticed that there is a large number of Ocean Suites still available for only $20 more too. If I was to do a suite, they may be a better choice. Any other thoughts on an Ocean Suite on Deck 7? Would you upgrade to one of those, or still stick with the Aft Wrap?

:)

Just got off the Conquest yesterday with an aft wrap, 6452, and it was great. We had a Cabin Crawl and saw the Suites, which were beautiful, but even they said they would have taken the aft wrap. If you like the bathroom space, go with the Suite, but we still had lots of room in the cabin and the balcony was to die for. We had the last room Cabin Crawl party in our room and had about 75 people. It was crowded, but doable.

Archived