Destiny Brides

jerseygirl79

I actually just read your review on Friday, it was great! I loved all the pictures you posted as well as your day by day descriptions, very helpful! I haven't been on a cruise since I was 13 years old and things have definitely changed since then! I feel like I have a better handle on what to expect now, thank you!!!

Awww I want to go back!!!! I was reminiscing the whole time I read your review! I feel bad you went to GC first, we went to Jamaica first so it was much more exciting when we got to the more relaxing GC! You are also lucky, I noticed you said the street vendors didn't touch you, but they did touch me and I don't even like people I know touching me so it was a little overwhelming but once I acclimated myself I enjoyed the Falls and swimming with the dolphins. Thanks for sharing!

I actually just read your review on Friday, it was great! I loved all the pictures you posted as well as your day by day descriptions, very helpful! I haven't been on a cruise since I was 13 years old and things have definitely changed since then! I feel like I have a better handle on what to expect now, thank you!!!

OMG....a LOT has changed! You are going to LOVE it....then become addicted, hahahah.

Awww I want to go back!!!! I was reminiscing the whole time I read your review! I feel bad you went to GC first, we went to Jamaica first so it was much more exciting when we got to the more relaxing GC! You are also lucky, I noticed you said the street vendors didn't touch you, but they did touch me and I don't even like people I know touching me so it was a little overwhelming but once I acclimated myself I enjoyed the Falls and swimming with the dolphins. Thanks for sharing!

There was a guy on the beach in OR who said he worked there and was greeting everyone shaking their hand. I didn't want to be rude and shook his hand, but as soon as he walked away I broke out the antibacteria wipe! DH laughed and then asked for one, hahahah.

I was really obsessive with the antibacteria gel and wipes on the ship. But the last thing I wanted to do was get sick on vacation or shortly after.

Really?! What are you doing? I'm on a medical unit right now and I like it but I'm trying to think of what is in store for me next there are so many opportunities in the field it's hard to think of staying at just one place for too long.

I am on a Med/Surg, Cardiac and Oncology floor (yes, all one unit). I have been there alittle over 2 years and I love it also. I am also looking around because I am getting alittle tired of the rotating shifts and weekends. How long have you been a RN?

Oh gosh cardiac and oncology! That must be interesting! Mine is oncology/diabetes but it's a little bit of everything. I passed the boards in Feb and started my job in April so I'll stay where I am for while but it's tempting to look around.

Ok, I have been browsing CC threads and have ran across a few post in the past about Destiny engine problems. I just read a thread today where some folks were furious about their experience with Destiny. I have been on one other Cruise (Valor 07) and I LOVED VALOR. I am kinda nervous on going a cruise (wedding) and run into engine problems....Does anyone know or heard anything else about these issuse?

Tricy, try not to worry too much about it. Destiny obviously has an engine problem. Apparently, the problem was "fixed" a couple of months ago, but it's still noticeable in some areas of the ship that the engine is running a little rough. If I hadn't been on CC, I probably wouldn't have thought too much about it, but at dinner I did notice vibration and noise.

Honestly, it wasn't anything that ruined the trip. Just a bit odd sometimes.

Archived