Warning about sixthman travel insurance

jamers113

We are frequent cruisers and decided to try a theame cruise sponsered by sixthman cruises they contract ships from carnival for musical concert type cruisees we singed up for malt shop cruise. May 2010 anyway, received conformation it was for a cruise in december that We knew nothing about. after getting that staightend out somthing came up and we decided to cancell malt -shop cruise . we purchased both travel insurence and( cansel for anyreason insurance}When I booked asked agent from sixthman If I would have any problem getting our 500.00 deposite back if we had to cancel. as long as I bought both policies . HE SAID IT WOULD BE VERY EASY LOL. It was less than a week after booking we decided to cancel, Its now 9wks later 4 letters 2 faxes and multiple calls still no refund I DONT BLAME SIXTHMAN. The companey they contracted with has exteamly poor communication I have been told on several occations that they have all they need from me. Its STILL BEING REASEARCHED!! I dont know what they need to reasearch sixthman said its out of their hands .I really recomend to my fellow cruisers If your planing on a sixthman cruise make sure you wont have to cancell:confused::confused: Does anyone know of anything I can try thats my cruise Money;) Thankyou!!

Jamers,

Since you have been very good in communicating intent not to go on the cruise this is what I woud do. Send the company a very nice letter stating everything you have done with plenty of time for them to return your deposit. Give them a date and reply by registered mail as to when you will take action to contact your State Insurance Commision. If this company does not reply go ahead and contact your State Insurance Commision. It sounds like to me this company does not need to be in the insurance business in your State. Good luck. Tim

Archived