Dolphin Deck on the Diamond Princess

pma19

Hi Everyone,

My family and I are planning a trip to Alaska on July 31, 2010. We are cruising on the Diamond Princess, "Voyage of the Glaciers" (starboard side) Northbound from Vancouver with a 4 to 5 night cruisetour to follow. There are six of us travelling (ages 14, 18, 20, 22,47, 48) therefore we have reserved two cabins on the Dolphin deck D515 (Mini-suite) and D510 (inside) unable to reserve cabin directly acrossed at this time. My question to all of you is this...has anyone stayed in those specific cabins and if so what is the location like as well as the balcony in the mini-suite? From what I understand the balcony is fully exposed no coverage from the balcony above. Is this a good choice for alaska? Tried to get an aft but it was unavailable..

Any suggestions or insights are very much appreciated.

Thanks,

All mini-suites on Dolphin deck are completely uncovered and exposed to sun, wind, rain and all of the decks above. As long as the weather is OK, these are good cabins. FYI, all mini-suites are essentially the same size so the only difference is location. The balcony is large enough for two half-recliners, two chairs and a table.

We were on the Sapphire (Diamond's sister ship) this summer for a B2B in July. We were a mini suite room D326. We absolutely loved our room.:)

We had 21 family and friends on our cruise and our balcony and 4 otheers were used alot. The extra chairs were a plus. It is true they are uncovered but we were fortunate to have sun every day. You can also look directly down into the water, no other balconies in the way. We were very fortunate to see many whales and dolphins.:)

Archived