Lazy/Buffet/Bathrobes

southbayer

Why is it that some people think "enjoying their vacation" means leaving any semblance of class at home?

Would you get in your car and go to a restaurant in your bathrobe??? :eek:

I mean, think about it - would you go to the 7-11 in your bathrobe? The gas station? The grocery store? Denny's? I seriously doubt it. So why is it "no holds barred" just because you are on a ship?

And I have been in a lot of hotels and have never seen anyone come to breakfast (whether in the dining room or at a buffet) in their bathrobe.

I think sometimes people take the "it's my vacation" thing a bit too far.

I workm in retail. I see people in their pjs all the time . Day and night. Not just kids either. I have seen Grammas in pjs!!

Hey give them a break, maybe they can't afford cover-ups. Just because I can afford cute cover-up's and more then one bathing suit doesn't mean everyone can. I just feel sorry for them and say a prayer for them.

I will pray they go get changed then.

As other posters have said, I'd rather see people in robes than skimpy bathing suits dripping water everywhere. It's the buffet.....No big deal for me if they want to be in their robe. Now if they are cutting in line, that's another issue.

Well, there's wearing one's robe to the buffet restaurant... and then there's wearing one's robe through the buffet line, carrying one's plate to the table, stripping off the robe to reveal one's swimsuit underneath, placing the robe on the chair, and plopping down, spread-eagle, on top of it.

433.JPG

(The adorable moppet showing his artwork belongs to me. I take no responsibility for any background players.)

I never get involved in complaint/debates on these boards, I'm usually shy about putting myself forward like that. But, this one has me going!

I am a "bathrobe offender". I love sunrises. I check Capers for sunrise times. Get a wake-up call. Throw on my robe and tiptoe out, without waking DH. Obviously I am the "face just peeled off the pillow" person that has been spotted on deck. Sometimes I linger a bit too long on deck, breathing in the salt air and enjoying the sunrise. I commit the cardinal sin. I get myself some breakfast at the buffet, and go eat it outside. Never in my wildest dreams did it occur to me that I might be offending someone. PLEASE, people.......what is the big deal? I am not in the formal dining room, I am outside. I am totally and completely covered, nothing is showing (those bathrobes are big enough to hide a Volkswagon under). I am not unsanitary. My bare behind is not touching any of the seats, which is more than I can say for a lot of fellow passengers in skimpy bathing suits.

So now, if I continue my morning ritual that I enjoyed so much, I will probably feel uncomfortable. I wouldn't want to ruin someone's day by my "inappropriate" attire. Come on, fellow cruisers, lets not waste our precious cruise days finding things to criticize each other about. Chill.

I have seen a lot of people at the buffet for breakfast in "something" (usually a swimsuit) with their robe over it. To me, it did not look out of place. Some were getting breakfast and coffee to take back to their cabins ... since room service does not do hot breakfasts.

I can also say that I have indeed seen "robed" individuals even at The Greenbriar (where a man will get reprimanded for forgetting to take his cap off in the LOBBY) and at the The Cloister....where a coat and tie after 6pm is required (even for children).

I would presume that if they can afford those kinds of vacations...that they could afford a swimsuit cover....but they elected their robes.....

GinDon: I hope you will continue the morning ritual you love. And remember that these are just people's opinions...nothing more. And as they say....opinion's are like fannys...everyone has one and they all stink.

I still shake my head if I see a robe in a public eating area. They do this in hotels?

Usually we laugh behind their backs, but some look so silly you can't hold it in, in front of them.

Yeah well I witnessed someone get into the Miracle dining room in a bathrobe and flip flops and be served dinner a month ago. I realize it was the 1st evening and not everyone has their luggage but surely that person had something other than a carnival bathrobe to wear. Carnival let it slide so I guess anything goes as far as wardrobe in the dining room.

My opinion is that if you r are laying by the pool, get hungry, its ok to put the robe on & go stand in the buffet line. Ive never done it but if for some reason i had my robe by the pool, why would i go all the way to the cabin to get my grungies on, when i could put my robe on & walk 20 feet to the buffet line?

I never get involved in complaint/debates on these boards, I'm usually shy about putting myself forward like that. But, this one has me going!

I am a "bathrobe offender". I love sunrises. I check Capers for sunrise times. Get a wake-up call. Throw on my robe and tiptoe out, without waking DH. Obviously I am the "face just peeled off the pillow" person that has been spotted on deck. Sometimes I linger a bit too long on deck, breathing in the salt air and enjoying the sunrise. I commit the cardinal sin. I get myself some breakfast at the buffet, and go eat it outside. Never in my wildest dreams did it occur to me that I might be offending someone. PLEASE, people.......what is the big deal? I am not in the formal dining room, I am outside. I am totally and completely covered, nothing is showing (those bathrobes are big enough to hide a Volkswagon under). I am not unsanitary. My bare behind is not touching any of the seats, which is more than I can say for a lot of fellow passengers in skimpy bathing suits.

So now, if I continue my morning ritual that I enjoyed so much, I will probably feel uncomfortable. I wouldn't want to ruin someone's day by my "inappropriate" attire. Come on, fellow cruisers, lets not waste our precious cruise days finding things to criticize each other about. Chill.

Wonderful post! You're not hurting anybody and I just hope you have a great time:)

I've never seen this.

I have worn the robe (over my swimsuit) through the buffet because that's where the adult pool is and I felt strange walking through an eating area in my bathing suit only.

I've never eaten in a robe in a restaurant hotel, ship or otherwise but I would wear my pajamas :D

Well, there's wearing one's robe to the buffet restaurant... and then there's wearing one's robe through the buffet line, carrying one's plate to the table, stripping off the robe to reveal one's swimsuit underneath, placing the robe on the chair, and plopping down, spread-eagle, on top of it.

433.JPG

(The adorable moppet showing his artwork belongs to me. I take no responsibility for any background players.)

I'm sorry but this is just not that appealing to look at while eating (maybe had she left it on). On HAL ships, since it's the only comparrison I have, I will say I have never seen this but I will also admit to the fact I never eat at the buffet because I don't like the food.

I pass through the buffetts, and sometimes go in to grab a glass of tea and in those trips I have never seen this. I have seen people in their robes (as coverups) getting food an eating outside at tables by the pools looking like this, or at the burger stand and eating outside looking like this (doesn't Carnival have tables in the Lido area that are outside and near the pools or tables by the burger stand?) but not inside.

PLEASE do continue doing what you do! :)

As others have said..rather a robe than have to look at a 350 lb. hairy guy in a speedo.:eek:

i am glad you spoke out on this. i dont know how the poster could determine that people in the robes in the buffett are '' lazy '' anyway. judging others that easily just proofs that they are judgemental and closed minded. yes, skimpy uncovered swimsuits and attire is unsanitary and looks bad, but a robe is no different than a average coverup. i find other things to do on the cruise than critique others for things that are not that important. i suggest they stay on thier balcony and not go out in the public areas if little things like robes in the buffett bother them so much.

Archived