Lost World Canopy Tour Questions...Valor cruisers, do you have this info?

staylor

Has anyone done this? I am looking for the cost and duration of the tour. I have called Carnival and since it was just added to the excursion list, they have limited information and say I would have to wait until I was on the ship to find out. I would like to do this in the morning and possibly explore the reef in the afternoon. I am hoping there is time to do both since we are there from 9-6. Thanks in advance.

From what I understand, it is limited to 10 people so you may want to book before you get on the ship! We did it in Costa Rica and had a blast!! We paid about $45 a person at the docks...carnival didn't offer it at the time. I think I saw that the price is about $90 for the Belize canopy tour.

Have a great cruise!

Laura

We can't book ahead. The online booking doesn't start until Feb 12. We are sailing on the 6th.

I know you didn't do it in Belize, but did you see much willdlife? Were the "ziplines" the main experience, or was there alot to see?

I can book as soon as I get on the ship.

Thanks!

Seems odd. I'm on the March 20 Valor and it will let me book now.

This is what is currently on Carnival's website:

Looks like two departures:

9am-2:30pm

10am-3:30pm

both are $99

Lost World Canopy Tour

You’ll feel like a bird soaring above the lush jungle of Belize on this exhilarating canopy tour.

On this excursion you will:

Board a bus for a scenic one-hour journey to Big Hill Station.

Arrive at the intersection of the highway and the coastal road.

Be transferred, from your bus, onto a themed jungle vehicle for the ride along the 100-year old logging road.

Travel across the Savannah Pine Ridge, arriving for a short walk into the jungle.

Encounter crevassed rock walls more than 100 feet tall.

Participate in a safety briefing before being suited up with the necessary equipment and led to your first throw.

Take five traverses ranging from 105 to 500 feet apart in distance across the fallen ceiling of the enormous open-air Lost World Cave.

Feel the thrill as you swing from platform to platform above the floor of the densely populated forest.

Conclude your adventure with an exciting rappel to the floor.

Note: Minimum age is 8 years; weight limit is 250 lbs. Sufficient mobility and strength to climb a 20 foot ladder straight up is required. Must fit in harness and helmet in a safe manner.

Please see Shore Excursion Manager prior to booking if any queries. Not suitable for pregnant women, guests with heart trouble, seizure disorders, asthma, problems with balance, some disabilities, back, neck or shoulder problems.

Insect repellant, sunscreen, comfortable clothing, closed-toe shoes and a small fanny pack or backpack are recommended. You must carry anything you take at all times, leaving both hands free.

5.5 Hours $99.00*

We were there on Thursday and took the tour. It was alot of fun. You begin in a cave and finish in a cave. There are 5 different zips of various lengths. You also will rappel twice. The repelling is more like holding on as you are quickly lowered about 50 feet twice. The staff is exceptional and the facilities are about 6 months old. Have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me some more information on the Belize Canopy tour. I am sailing on the Elation on 02/13/05 and am interested in the canopy tour. I think my husband would love the tour, but I feel a little nervous. How fast do the ziplines go? How strong do you have to be? I don't want to get in over my head, but I want to try something new. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I do not understand this at all. Is it offered by anyone but the cruise lines? Are there independent excursion companies who offer it? Traverses are, I assume, "bridges" built across the caves? And ziplines are the slings they put you in to get to the cave floor (rappelling), and you do that twice? Are you simply walking above the jungle on bridges/traverses, or what? Other than seeing the jungle, this is mostly a fun type event, correct?

Thanks.

I do not understand this at all. Is it offered by anyone but the cruise lines? Are there independent excursion companies who offer it? Traverses are, I assume, "bridges" built across the caves? And ziplines are the slings they put you in to get to the cave floor (rappelling), and you do that twice? Are you simply walking above the jungle on bridges/traverses, or what? Other than seeing the jungle, this is mostly a fun type event, correct?

Thanks.

I haven't done this, but seen it on tv (so I'm an expert now..ha ha). You basically are attached to these cables and you "zip" along through the air hanging from the cables. It sounds like there are 5 stations that you zip to and from. Rappeling is when you are attached to a cable and slide straight down a cliff.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Canopy tours are just as Canuck Cruzer said. I just did this in Roatan. I booked through http://www.tropicalrez.com. It was the most awesome thing I've ever done. They offer 20 platforms. It includes rope bridges, a rock wall and single cables. It is very safe. The guides were great.

Cave-tubing is when you rapple a few feet into the river to get into your inner-tube. You float down the river that runs through a maze of caves. I did this last week in Belize. This was also a great experience with a very knowledgeable guide.

I'll be happy to answer any other questions.

I have a question, I couldn't find this on their site. My daughter and her friends are going to belize and wanted to sea fish but can't find anything. I thought they might like this BUT one of the men is 6'8" and not fat but a large solid guy. Is there a weight limit??

At the one that I went to in Roatan, there was a weight limit of 250 but the guys that worked there said it was just a guideline. More importantly is that he be fairly fit. I believe the canopy tour in Belize is shorter that in Roatan. I don't believe your friend should have a problem because of his height.

Archived