BLUE WATER SNORKELING & BEACH Freeport

Got2goaway

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has taken this excursion through Carnival.

Any info would be great.

Ocean spray and Caribbean breezes are the ingredients for a relaxing jaunt aboard a spacious catamaran.

On this excursion you will:

• Enjoy a short walk to the dock and step aboard the spacious catamaran.
  • Relax and enjoy the ocean breeze as you cruise along the Bahamanian coastline, while sipping refreshing lemonade.
  • Listen to a safety briefing and instructions on the use of your snorkeling gear.
  • Learn to put on your mask, flippers, floatation device and enter the water directly off the vessel.
  • Enjoy approximately 20-25 minutes of snorkeling as you discover the underwater treasures.
  • After snorkeling, the catamaran will proceed to a nearby beach facility where you will disembark at the dock.
  • Enjoy the beach as you like; a cash bar is available to purchase beverages and snacks.
  • Experience the return journey to your ship that will depart the beach at a designated time.

Note: Minimum age to snorkel is 10 years. Snorkel gear is provided. Participants must be good swimmers. Remember to bring a beach towel, hat and sunscreen. Depending upon wind and weather conditions, the vessel may use the motor. Snorkeling/swimming is directly into the water from the catamaran ladder. In case of inclement weather, a bus may be used for the beach transfer. There are no lifeguards at the beach.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Our family took the exursion thru Carnival and had a great time. The tour ended up being about 5 hours long. We did not use the sail but motored out to snorkel and to the beach and back to port.

It was a great time and the weather was great.

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has taken this excursion through Carnival.

Any info would be great.

Ocean spray and Caribbean breezes are the ingredients for a relaxing jaunt aboard a spacious catamaran.

On this excursion you will:

• Enjoy a short walk to the dock and step aboard the spacious catamaran.
  • Relax and enjoy the ocean breeze as you cruise along the Bahamanian coastline, while sipping refreshing lemonade.
  • Listen to a safety briefing and instructions on the use of your snorkeling gear.
  • Learn to put on your mask, flippers, floatation device and enter the water directly off the vessel.
  • Enjoy approximately 20-25 minutes of snorkeling as you discover the underwater treasures.
  • After snorkeling, the catamaran will proceed to a nearby beach facility where you will disembark at the dock.
  • Enjoy the beach as you like; a cash bar is available to purchase beverages and snacks.
  • Experience the return journey to your ship that will depart the beach at a designated time.

Note: Minimum age to snorkel is 10 years. Snorkel gear is provided. Participants must be good swimmers. Remember to bring a beach towel, hat and sunscreen. Depending upon wind and weather conditions, the vessel may use the motor. Snorkeling/swimming is directly into the water from the catamaran ladder. In case of inclement weather, a bus may be used for the beach transfer. There are no lifeguards at the beach.

Thanks

20 minutes doesn't seem like very long for snorkeling, in my opinion. Also, I hope not all snorkeling companies enforce a 10 year old minimum age requirement as we have three children under the age of 10, our youngest being six and he can swim better than most adults. I imagine I'll have to check into other snorkeling companies that will better suit our needs.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at this excursion as well. How long did you actually snorkel for? How was the snorkeling?

Our family took the exursion thru Carnival and had a great time. The tour ended up being about 5 hours long. We did not use the sail but motored out to snorkel and to the beach and back to port.

It was a great time and the weather was great.

• 3 months later...

Also, I hope not all snorkeling companies enforce a 10 year old minimum age requirement as we have three children under the age of 10, our youngest being six and he can swim better than most adults. I imagine I'll have to check into other snorkeling companies that will better suit our needs.

This is what we had to do as well ... we had two 9 year olds in our group and they can swim like fish but weren't allowed to do the snorkeling through Carnival. We went through Pat and Diane Fantasia tours and had a great time in Freeport!

Archived