celebrity suites on m ships need quick responses please

l929

We are debating switching from a SS to a CS on our upcoming cruise. I remember reading a thread or two about the lack of balcony not being an issue b/c the room is so big. I cant find it!! (The search function is really useless) Also, is the fact that it connects to the adjoining CS a problem for noise? We will be with our 9 month old baby, will he annoy our neighbor and will our neighbors wake him up? I have the CS on hold until tommorrow night. Thanks for any and all responses!

Lauren

Holiday 8/89

Festival 8/90

Fantasy 1/91

Tropicale 8/91

Costa ??? 8/92

American Hawaii ??? 8/94

Imagination 8/96

Radiance 3/02

Summit 4/04

Lauren,

Click here for a complete description of the CS experience (with photos and noise transmission info). I realize you are in a hurry, so you may want to scroll about halfway through the post to get to the 'meat on the suite'.

Having experienced a SS (Galaxy, with a much bigger verandah than the SS on M ships) and the CS, I can say that I'd take the CS any day. We did miss the verandah, but not that much. Being able to put the baby in a separate room would cinch it for me...

All the best,

chesterh

Cruise stories, pictures and videos at chesterh.com

Last cruise, aboard the Millennium, E. Caribbean (but who's counting?)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;2;22;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

l929 --

I think it depends on the itinerary and where you're going -- we had a CS on our Med cruise last year and with the gorgeous weather, we missed the balcony. The room is great, however. Also, if you are on an itinerary where you expect a lot of sun (Med, Caribbean, etc.) then the solar gain through the windows is pretty intense and the room gets quite hot -- we found that the AC couldn't keep up. I would say that for a cold cruise (Alaska, New England in the colder months) the CS would be ideal!

As for noise, we didn't notice any from our neighbors, and they didn't complain about us... icon_rolleyes.gif

chesterh,

That's the post I was looking for!! Thank you so much. I'm just waiting to see tommorrow how much more it will cost me. Celebrity directly told me $500, but when I looked it up on cruise411 it was the same price I paid for the SS icon_confused.gif So hopefully my travel agent can hook me up icon_smile.gif

Thanks again

Holiday 8/89

Festival 8/90

Fantasy 1/91

Tropicale 8/91

Costa ??? 8/92

American Hawaii ??? 8/94

Imagination 8/96

Radiance 3/02

Summit 4/04

Uh-oh! My husband gets very cranky when he gets hot and we are going to the Carribbean. icon_frown.gif I am torn!

Not to start a debate, but chesterh, did you find this to be a problem?

Holiday 8/89

Festival 8/90

Fantasy 1/91

Tropicale 8/91

Costa ??? 8/92

American Hawaii ??? 8/94

Imagination 8/96

Radiance 3/02

Summit 4/04

The issue was memorable enough for me to make a brief tangential reference to it in Part 40, but overall it was insignificant. No matter where we go, Kris is cold and I am hot...

There are separate thermostats for the living and bed rooms, and the windows have two different layers of shades -- one semi-transparent to cut down on light/heat, and the other totally opaque.

If you are going to spend prime sun hours in the room (we generally did not), a little forethought can head off a problem. If you leave the room during the day, draw the sunscreens. In any case, I can practically guarantee that the room will be cooler than the verandah would be...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;2;22;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We had a CS on Millie a year ago.

I have always cruised with balconies (usually with suites), both before and since, as I enjoy sitting outside and just relaxing.

That being said, I was afraid I would miss the balcony on Millie, but the panoramic floor to ceiling windows really made up for it. There was plenty of room for my wife and two small children (we had to book an extra inside cabin in order to have all 4 of us in the same room...Celebrity rules). I spent a memorable afternoon with my feet up on the couch, staring out the window during a sea day.

No noise problems from next door either. Definitely worth switching.

Lauren,

Run, don't walk to your travel agent and get the CS!!!!!! You won't hear a thing from next door and I suspect vice versa. You'll enjoy the bigger space that the CS provides, especially with a baby. We've been on the Summit on her 11 day cruise with a balcony and the Millie in the CS and I wouldn't trade the CS for the world!

In fact, we're booked the CS on the Infinity going from Hawaii to Canada next year. Balcony wouldn't make a difference since we'd be off the ship while we're in port.

Enjoy the CS and go ahead and bring your own CD's with you. They have a great CD player that you can use, and even put in a CD with the baby's favorite tunes!

Anita

And now Infinity 2005!

Millennium 2003

Century 2002

Summit 2001

Century 2000

Zenith 1996

Horizon 1994

Horizon 1993

Sunward 1992

Star Princess 1990

Maxim Gorky 1974 & 1975

rundogren, why the extra cabin? It doesn't seem to make sense. Our family of four has booked twice now with Celebrity in one cabin (both times a FV) without having to book another. Also doesn't the brochure always give pricing for 3rd and 4th passengers in each cabin? I noticed on another post that a family had a 13 year old (which Celebrity technically considers an adult) they were in an FV and had to book another because Celebrity doesn't allow three adults in one cabin? Our oldest son is 13 and we didn't run into this problem this time. Isn't the point of having these cabins to accomodate a family? I'm confused as to when these rules apply.

BoysSkiMom

Homelines Atlantic 8/88

Norwegian Seaward 3/89

Celebrity Galaxy 4/00

RCI Enchantment 11/00

Celebrity Summit 4/04

Thanks everyone! Its a done deal and only cost an additional $300! I've been thinking, my son is getting pretty mobile and a balcony might not be the best thing anyway. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Holiday 8/89

Festival 8/90

Fantasy 1/91

Tropicale 8/91

Costa ??? 8/92

American Hawaii ??? 8/94

Imagination 8/96

Radiance 3/02

Summit 4/04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BoysSkiMom:

rundogren, why the extra cabin? It doesn't seem to make sense. Our family of four has booked twice now with Celebrity in one cabin (both times a FV) without having to book another. Also doesn't the brochure always give pricing for 3rd and 4th passengers in each cabin? I noticed on another post that a family had a 13 year old (which Celebrity technically considers an adult) they were in an FV and had to book another because Celebrity doesn't allow three adults in one cabin? Our oldest son is 13 and we didn't run into this problem this time. Isn't the point of having these cabins to accomodate a family? I'm confused as to when these rules apply.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For whatever reason, Celebrity only allows you to book 3 people in a CS. At the time we sailed, our kids were 6 and 3, and plenty able to share the pullout couch in the living room. But they refused to let us book it this way.

We ended up booking two of us in the CS, two in the Inside room, and then since we had the extra stateroom we wouldn't be using, offered it to my wife's younger cousin and her boyfriend and booked them at the 3rd/4th person rate.

In this scenario it worked out...my wife's cousin/boyfriend had an inexpensive cruise and their own room, we had babysitters at our disposal, and the four of us were in the CS. Attendants/butler could care less that we had four in the room. I really don't understand why Celebrity doesn't just let you book the 4 in the first place.

I had my TA check about the 3rd/4th person in the CS, and she said 3 is okay, but the 4th is a first come first serve on a roll away bed. Once Celebrity has all of the roll aways booked, then no 4th in a CS. We are booked as 3 in a CS on the Summit for next year right now (my daughter will be 16 when we cruise), and she wants a friend of her's to go with us, but if she drags her feet too much, she won't be able to go...I won't book an inside to make up for a roll away! Her loss!

Take Care,

Jaime

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;3;21;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until We're on the Summit

Jamie - Booking an inside for the teens turned out to be a really good move. Cost aside, I'm kinda glad there weren't any roll-aways left by the time we booked.

Is Jessi going to post her Lamanai project somewhere? I'd love to see it...

chesterh

Hi Chesterh!

It's all on a Presentation Board, along with a journal, photographs, 3 page timeline, and her written abstract. We have a picture of her standing in front of it tonight at the Social Studies Fair, holding her Blue Ribbon for First Place. Anthropology Division, and her placque in the other hand for GRAND CHAMPION for the county! She's off to Charleston in 3 weeks for the state level competition. I'm going to post our Lamanai pics, along with the pics of her tongiht over on cruisemates, and I have some of her at Lamanai posted on our website at www.jjhege.com

You were given credit in her bibliography for your wonderful video. It was that video that made her choose Lamanai as her Educational Shore Excursion!! THANK YOU!!

Take Care,

Jaime

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;3;21;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until We're on the Summit

Archived