Carnvial Spirit & Swimming with Dolphins

cruizn2escape

We just returned from this cruise on Spirit. I am assuming you will be going to the same ports...(Acapulco, Manzanillo, and Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo). I researched dolphin swims a lot as the Carnival excursion is ridiculously expensive. We decided to do it in Acapulco. I booked through Cici waterpark (Fernando is his name). It was a little over $100 per person (about $115). They have two options, ours was the more expensive one. There were 7 people and two dolphins. It included petting the dolphins, feeding the dolphons, a kiss, and a foot push. After that part, those who paid for the less expensive option left and they moved everyone else to a bigger pool with additional doplhins. Here there were four dolphins with the remaining five people. They got to do some more petting of the dolphins and then the dolphins performed tricks for them (jumping over them). The dolphins also "sang" and "danced" for them. It was well worth the money; especially compared to what Carnival charges.

We just returned from this cruise on Spirit. I am assuming you will be going to the same ports...(Acapulco, Manzanillo, and Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo). I researched dolphin swims a lot as the Carnival excursion is ridiculously expensive. We decided to do it in Acapulco. I booked through Cici waterpark (Fernando is his name). It was a little over $100 per person (about $115). They have two options, ours was the more expensive one. There were 7 people and two dolphins. It included petting the dolphins, feeding the dolphons, a kiss, and a foot push. After that part, those who paid for the less expensive option left and they moved everyone else to a bigger pool with additional doplhins. Here there were four dolphins with the remaining five people. They got to do some more petting of the dolphins and then the dolphins performed tricks for them (jumping over them). The dolphins also "sang" and "danced" for them. It was well worth the money; especially compared to what Carnival charges.

Thanks for your review. We are also thinking about doing this in March.

Friends are sailing on the Spirit in February and are interested in swimming with dolphins - anyone have reommendations other than what the ship has to offer?

We were on the Spirit in Feb in 2007 (Superbowl cruise) and I booked the dolphin swim at Ixtapa (Zihuatenejo). It was an experience that I'll always treasure. I booked it through the ship and was not disappointed. It included the dolphins swimming all around you and you can pet them and they take you for a ride when you hang onto their fins. Also there was a great foot push that made you feel like you were flying. THen you got a kiss and hug. The pictures of us hugging the dolphins are quite good. I HIGHLY recommend it. I don't know if there are private tours but the ship's tour was worth every penny of the cost. I hope this helps.

Archived