Taxis

cruise365 24/7

I will be in Ocho Rios in about a month. Just wondering how the taxis work there at the port. Any certain things to look out for, I know Jamaica can be kind of sketchy. Thanks.

We made sure that the driver we selected had an official, government-issued identification badge. We met him outside the Taj Mahal shopping center (Mr. Durrant). He customized a tour for us that included Fern Gully, Coyaba Gardens and Scotchies. Price was very reasonable, transportation was very comfortable. Bring extra cash for shopping at the straw market outside of Colgate(?), including small bills for tipping the "Bird Men" in Fern Gully.

As you are done walking the Gangway you'll see officials offering there services inside the pier, and just as the previous poster posted just make sure the have the JTB government official badge.

That means they are certified by the Jamaica tourist board, have fun in Jamaica.

No Problem mon!

As you are done walking the Gangway you'll see officials offering there services inside the pier, and just as the previous poster posted just make sure the have the JTB government official badge.

That means they are certified by the Jamaica tourist board, have fun in Jamaica.

No Problem mon!

Thanks Marva, My spouse and I want to go to the all inclusive Couples Sans Souci for the day. Will they have taxis there to return or should we hire for the day if possible

The same taxi you take to the resort, you can organize a pic up time,

And pay for a round trip transfer.

Enjoy.:)

Is that a safe thing to do-pay for the round trip in advance? We have arranged to spend some time at Sandals Dunn's River( I am a TA and am doing a site inspection while there) and are looking for a transfer there and back. I have looked on the Internet and can not find anyone to prebook it with so was just thinking taxi. How much approximately would the fare be do you know?

Any idea of the cost of a taxi from Mo Bay to Negril? I want to go to Rick's Cafe, watch the cliff divers, spend some time on the beach (maybe) and do a little shopping for local crafts if possible. I'm traveling solo and trying to find out the best way to accomplish this. The Negril tour that Carnival lists includes a water park, and I"m definitely not interested in that.

You can pay round trip or you can pay one way each way.

There are private tour operators that will provide taxi services.

DLKC did you have fun in Jamaica.

One Love.:)

Are there any you are aware of that I can contact in advance to pre arrange our transfer from the ship to Sandals Dunns River?

Also do you have any idea of approximate cost?

Archived