It's Our first cruise and I have questions!!!

tanda156

Based on our past experiences......

There is a lot to see in Grand Cayman and Cozumel when you get off the ship. Lots of shops and streets to just walk and look. Go to the shopping talks on board. The times will be listed in the Capers which you will receive every day. At the talk (get there early) try to sit front and center as they're always throwing out stuff to passengers from the stage. Also, they will tell you which shops will give you free stuff. We sort of make an adventure out of collecting the little trinkets and junk, and we get to see a lot of cool people and sights along the way without spending a lot of money.

Specifically regarding Grand Cayman. Stingray City is a really neat experience. An excursion to go to Stingray City and a snorkling spot will cost you approximately $40 with an indepent tour operator. There are lots of them walking around the port area right when you get off the ship. Most of them will offer punch (non-alcoholic) and some may have snacks.

On Cozumel, I would suggest taking a taxi to Paradise Beach - cost about $20 round trip. There is no admission fee. They just ask that you buy some food and/or drinks. Really great coconut shrimp - large portions and reasonable prices on all their meals. There's a thread about this beach on the Cozumel ports of call board. The owner, Tom, posts frequently and for many passengers it's a must do.

Can't help with Mo Bay as we haven't been there yet. Seems that most people go to one of the beaches. Maybe someone from your roll call will have more info.

Hope some of this will be helpful to you.

I do laugh at the There is No Need to Go Hungry. Quite the contrary- it is very very easy to overeat. As in eat non-stop. Pizza 24/7. Soft Ice cream 24/7. Room service 24/7. Want to really do it up? Go to the MDR for dinner, then head to the buffet. Up to the Lido for hamburgers and fries. Then to pizza and more dessert. If you still want more, go to your room and order up some stuff. I actually lost a couple of pounds on my first cruise because the constant barrage of food just made me a bit queasy. Tooooo much. By the second cruise I had learned I could pick and choose wisely. As in, eat lots of the stuff you like and ignore the rest.

You have to go to the MDR at least once to try the melting chocolate dessert- at least if you are a chocolate lover (and I have been told that there is about 1/2% of the population that is not). It really is good. It is this single item which brings many people back again and again to Carnival. You can't get it on other lines.

• 1 month later...

Archived