Island Windjammers Diamant

small ship sailor

Just returned from a week on the Island Windjammer ship Daimant. We started in Grenada and sailed to Carriacou,Bequia, Tobago Cays, Mayreau returning to Grenada. Activities included lots of real sailing, snorkeling, swimming and island tours. The ship is beautiful with lots of wood and open deck space for relaxing. The crew was great. There are just 6 cabins (sold out with 12 passengers when we sailed) so we all sort of felt like we had our own private yacht for the week. Can’t wait to go back and sail again!

Have you sailed a Windjammer type ship before? We did almost the exact same route some years ago on the Yankee Clipper & it was fantastic! I'm so glad to see someone is bringing this type of sailing back-they were certainly some of the most relaxing vacations we've had! The sky in the Greanadines has got to have more stars than anywhere else! I hope they do well-I'd love to sail that way again. Do post some pictures if you have them-I can't be the only one who'd love to see them!

• 1 year later...

One of the best vacations we have had recently was sailing on S/V Diamant out of Grenada. S/V Diamant operated by Island Windjammers provides a very relaxing and enjoyable six days of sailing, snorkeling, swimming and exploring the untouched beauty of the Grenadines with old and new friends. The food is plentiful, delicious and healthy; the ship is well maintained and very comfortable; and the crew is the absolute best. Can’t wait for our third sail on Diamant in October.

Archived