No more excuses for not knowing your kids location

flagger

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=620002751.blog

quote]When Royal Caribbean's new Oasis of the Seas begins regular cruises next month, the muster station wristbands that all young children on cruise ships must wear will be enhanced with a passive electronic device that will allow their parents to track them in real time as they wander the ship -- an industry first.

$17.50 for the week.

Thats a great feature too. I already love the Family Time dining...your kids are guaranteed to be done with dinner in 40 minutes and someone from Adventure Ocean comes and picks them up for you to enjoy the rest of your meal.

Maybe they can extend this service outside of the MDR to spouses, significant others, etc.? I'd gladly pay for that! I like that RFID bracelet, too. Also for adults.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=620002751.blog

quote]When Royal Caribbean's new Oasis of the Seas begins regular cruises next month, the muster station wristbands that all young children on cruise ships must wear will be enhanced with a passive electronic device that will allow their parents to track them in real time as they wander the ship -- an industry first.

$17.50 for the week.

I'm a little confused by these parts. Do all wristbands do this or is it an upgrade option that people can pay for?

I'm a little confused by these parts. Do all wristbands do this or is it an upgrade option that people can pay for?

My guess is that the feature is part of the regular wristband the kids have to wear anyway. Mom and Dad will have the option to pay the extra cost to have access to the feature. Will know soon. We sail with 7 yr old DS 12/12. I really won't need to keep track of him at this stage of the game but perhaps in a few years :eek:.

Martin notes that parents who don't want to spend the $17.50 to rent a phone but still want to track down their child's location on Oasis will be able to go the guest services desk to do it.

The tracking feature is done via the WOW phone, according to the USA today blog article. It can also be done via guest relations. The $17.50 includes the WOW phone rental.

Eric

Archived