best of these ports for mom to snorkel

servalgirl

My mom went snorkeling at Xel Ha and LOVED it-but that was calm waters, not too deep, no currents etc. She is a bit scared of the water and cant swim. I tried taking her out in Bahamas and the distance from shore to reef+waves was too far for her. We head to St Croix St Martin Barbados Grenada St Kitts and Tobago in January and while I plan to dive Kitts and Tobago Id like to take her snorkeling at two of the other stops.

Looking for suggestions that would be suitable for her-not having to swim out to reef or deal with bigs waves or currents, facilities and lots of fish and healthy corals.

1. Roseau-Champaign Reef sounds calm and a safe bet

2. Grenada-Moliniere or Flamingo?

3. St Croix-read Canes is hard to swim to-is Buck Island worth it?

4. St Martin-is there good snorkleing?

5.Barbados-which of the turtle catamarans?

I like the idea of the drink and food included catamarans since if she gets tired or scared at least she can get tipsy on rum punch and enjoy the boat ride:o any suggestions for specific companies would be great! I seen some good suggestions for Barbados...Thanks!

In barbados we took a tour and swan on 3 ship wrecks all close together dont rememeber the name. But they change anyway. No current lots of fish and life vests are mandatory. Very safe.

In grenada we took a very leasurely sail to this one site merky but ok it ended on grand anse beach if thats any help where the american stromed in the 80's they love us there. You can tell alot by the title of the excursion

Archived