Travel Agent Question

jlb49

We are taking a RCCL Alaska cruise in June and about a month ago decided to take my my two teenage girls. Each asked if they could bring a friend, so I asked the TA if we could get a quad for the girls...if there was, the girls could each invite a friend. She said there was one left and she had snagged it, so needed the deposit for my kids...which we did immediately. She was to put one adult name on each of the two cabins. Last week, the girlfriends each gave a deposit (one paid in full). After the second friend gave a deposit, I hadn't heard back from the TA...so sent her a quick email to ensure she had received the deposit.

I received an email back saying that there were no quads left, and "what did I want her to do?". I emailed back that she had told me she had gotten the last quad a month ago, and where had she put everyone? she has deposits for 6 and only beds for 4.

Since the girlfriends were the 3rd and 4th person, they were at a discounted rate. Now, I am forced to either let their parents know that they now owe $200 more, or I will pick up the extra $$ (which is what I will probably do).

My question is...is there any responsibility from the TA on this? Regardless of the quad availability, can I switch TA's or am I stuck with the one I have?

Thanks so much for your opinions...

I don't suppose that you got an email from the TAs saying they "snagged" that last quad.....if you did you might have a case for the TA picking up part (if not all) of the extra cost.....or any chance you got a "booking number" at the time?? If not you might be out of luck.

My concern would be if RCCL would let the girls room w/out an adult in the rooms.

Good luck.

If you've been using this TA for a while, I'd say one mistake (although a biggie) can be forgiven......if this is the first time you used them, I'd look for a new TA.

You are well outside any penalty periods for payment, so no lost monies should be involved.

Should you change TA? That depends on your relationship with that person, ie., past quantity of business, future possibility of use. Personally, if I had no past history and/or desire/want/need for a continuing relationship, and didn't receive an adequate explanation of why the quad was "booked" and then it wasn't, I would probably take mu business elsewhere.

Thanks to you both for your response...I am waiting to hear back from her now. Do you (or anyone else out there) know if I can switch TA's at this point? We had actually made the original booking on board the Navigator last fall, so wasn't sure of the process if I decide to switch.

Thanks again,

Archived