Wireless internet..laptop?

Gaz42

I just did a search but found replies to such threads from 2007. Was wondering about the internet access on the ship.....Can you use a wireless laptop on the ship and is there a charge to use the computers they provide? I'm not going to bring my laptop if there is a charge. Also, I have an Iphone and am wondering if I could tap in to the ships wireless through that for free?

Hi there,

No you do not have to pay to use the computers on board.

With the Internet you either pay per minute or get a package of so many minutes for a set price, the set price works out a bit cheaper. Sorry I cant remember the prices, but it was expensive.

If you bring your own laptop, you can have the convenience of using it in your cabin. The computers on board can be found at Cove Cafe and in another place, sorry I cant remember where.

You have a daily paper (Navigatator) with whats on and you will find the prices in there.

Sorry I do not know about I phones.

I hope you and your family have a lovely cruise.

Jan

Thanks for you reply. Please clarify one thing if you can...if I bring my laptop, I can use it free of charge in my room or do I have to purchase the minutes and then will be able to use it?

Thanks for you reply. Please clarify one thing if you can...if I bring my laptop, I can use it free of charge in my room or do I have to purchase the minutes and then will be able to use it?

No matter what you use to connect: iPhone, notebook, ships computers, you will have to buy the time online. On the Magic, wireless is available throughout the ship. I used my iPhone and bought a 100 minute package.

Gary

No matter what you use to connect: iPhone, notebook, ships computers, you will have to buy the time online. On the Magic, wireless is available throughout the ship. I used my iPhone and bought a 100 minute package.

Gary

how much was the 100 minute package?

If you have a wireless ready laptop, you can use your personal computer to access the internet while onboard both the Disney Wonder and Disney Magic. You will find several "hot spots" throughout the ship, including most staterooms.

Printing is not available for wireless connections

Disney Magic

$0.75 USD per minute pay as you go

$55 USD for 100 minute plan ($0.55 per minute)

$100 USD for 250 minute plan ($0.40 per minute)

$150 USD for 500 minute plan ($0.30 per minute)

Disney Wonder

$0.75 USD per minute pay as you go

$27.50 USD for 50 minute plan ($0.55 per minute)

$40 USD for 100 minute plan ($0.40 per minute)

$75 USD for 250 minute plan ($0.30 per minute)

Onboard Email Account

There is an additional charge of $3.95 USD to send an e-mail from your onboard ship e-mail account. There is no charge to receive an e-mail from your onboard e-mail account.

Archived