Booked on Celebrity again

flagger

This is now the fifth time, I have tried to post this. We arrived back yesterday afternoon after a 4.5 hour drive. We cruised on Rhapsody of the Seas to Key West, Miami and Cozumel. While on board we booked our next cruise on the Mille for next January. I know this has come up, but the Loyalty Ambassador/Future Cruise Consultant was able to push out the Option Date beyond the normal seven days. We originally had to pay our deposit by the 24th of January, but we elected to pay while on board.

I hate to admit this, but I missed the formality of Celebrity. I will be posting a complete review later today after loads of laundry and getting my girls back from the kennel.

After a few trips on Celebrity we tried Princess to Alaska. Yes, we were on a slightly older ship, but we have cruised on older Celebrity ships & found they were just fine. We just like the way Celebrity keeps their ships up, serves their food, & enjoy the total atmosphere. We're sold on Celebrity!

We aslo prefer Celebrity, but will cruise happily on RCCL as many oif their ships have more sea days then the Celebrity ships that are port intensive. I know we can always stay on the ship, but it is not the same the variety of things to do when a ship is in port is greatly dmisnhed

If it is the Jan 8th '06 Milly cruise, I've been trying to start a roll call. Come on over and sign up. Think I originally posted it on 12/27.

Art

Funny I started one too. Can you point me to it? I did a search and started the one that appears in my siggie. I am booked in the 08Jan06 Cruise.

OK, first I have to start off by saying that any vacation is a good vacation as long as I don't have to cook and clean. But, now that I've said that, I have to say that after only sailing with Celebrity, we booked a cruise last year with NCL, and it was VERY dissappointing. They have a very laid back atmosphear, that I thought we would enjoy, but we didn't. They have freestyle dining, which basically means that you can eat wherever you want at whatever time you want. It's sounds very appealing but....they don't tell you that you don't have the same wait staff everynight ( so there's no one to get to know you and what you like), You have to wait in line for dinner if you want to eat between 4 & 8 when most people want to eat. We just didn't get the same personalized service that we were used to on Celebrity. The ship was beautiful the staff was pleasant, but something was missing, and I have a feeling it can only be found on Celebrity ships ( unless we wanted to pay an arm and a leg to go on a luxury ship). They have an extreme attention to detail & service that makes you feel like royalty for a week. On our last morning on board our NCL vacation my kids said to me " Lets go back to Celebrity next time", even they noticed a difference!

So, we are booked for April 17th on the Millinium, and I'm sure we won't be diisappointed.

Nancy :)

We aslo prefer Celebrity, but will cruise happily on RCCL as many oif their ships have more sea days then the Celebrity ships that are port intensive. I know we can always stay on the ship, but it is not the same the variety of things to do when a ship is in port is greatly dmisnhed

If you love sea days, as we do to rest & enjoy the motion, go TRANSATLANTIC. Only 4 ports in 2 weeks. So "X" isn't port intensive. We are ready to do it again if the ports are new for us in the fall of 2006.

Archived