Anyonen sail the Sensation recently?

lilpinklady

Yup! Lots of people have! Are you looking for specific information? If you have questions, ask and we will try to help. Also, there are plenty of reviews, if you do a search on "sensation" you may be able to find some answers too.. just let us know what you would like to know and we will try to help!!

Just got back yesterday from the SENSATION (4 day)...I'll try to answer any questions that you have.

Hi Gina, I'm curious to see what kind of motion the ship had. Those who sailed around Christmas complained of constant rocking but those who sailed a couple of months earlier didn't. I sailed on the Grandeur with the Sensation right behind us (Dec 18th) so I know that rough seas weren't the cause of the Sensation rocking. Hoping for future smooth sailing on her.

I found that it went throught phases. Some of the time it was just a little rocky, some of the time it was rocky and at least two nights I remember it being very, very rocky. We had a group of 16 with us and no one got sick. Some of the people in our group wore patches and some did not. My husband and I didn't use patches or medication and neither one of us got even the least bit sick. I guess it depends on the person though. I normally get motion sickness very easy...I can't ride in the back seat of a car for a long drive and I can't go on ferris wheel rides because I will get sick, but the ship didn't get me sick at all.

"I sailed on the Grandeur with the Sensation right behind us (Dec 18th) so I know that rough seas weren't the cause of the Sensation rocking. Hoping for future smooth sailing on her."

Well that's interesting and good to know I wasn't crazy.

"I sailed on the Grandeur with the Sensation right behind us (Dec 18th) so I know that rough seas weren't the cause of the Sensation rocking. Hoping for future smooth sailing on her."

Well that's interesting and good to know I wasn't crazy.

We met some Sensation passengers in either Costa Maya or Cozumel who said that the sailing was rough. We told them ours was smooth so we didn't know why. They laughed and said that maybe they were in our wake or that they had more honeymoon couples!!!

I cruised on the same cruise with Gina and there were a few nights where the ship swayed quite a bit - but nothing we couldn't handle! The last night was the worst and we were told it was because we were back on the Mississippi. I was in the shower when we left Cozumel and I nearly fell out of the shower as we left port - I was glad it was because of the ship and not the strawberry margaritas from Paradise Beach!! Tip for people staying in the rooms with two beds.... the bed that is horizontal when you walk in the room gives you a rocking back and forth motion when you are laying down and the one that is vertical when you walk in rocks you from head to toe - I did better on the vertical one... when I sat on my friend's bed I thought I was going to be sick!! We took Bonine every morning and night and we were fine - not sure how we would have done without it. We loved the Sensation! I won $300 on the slots the first day! Also, the Miami Vices were incredible! We found great chairs on the back of the ship by the smaller pool - it was not crowded (maybe due to the fact that it was the smoking section) - but we enjoyed ourselves! Also - it was VERY WINDY... hats were blowing off, etc!

I rate the cruise as a perfect 10! (it would have been an 11 if my friend hadn't accidentally run into someone's luggage and broken her toe on the last night!!)

My husband, my three children and I sailed on the Sensation on New Years Day. It was our fourth cruise, and definately the "rockiest." We heard on the ship that the stablizers were broken. We also found out that the day of the sunamie the Sensation was at sea, and that the waves were literally coming over the side of the ship! Shawn, the cruise director is who told us in an 'Up close and personal" talk that some of the crew gave the last day at sea. She also said that several crew members quit when they got back into port. Maybe that's when the stablizers got broken? Anyway, I love the movement of the ship, but not sure I could handle the waves coming over the side.

She told us about the waves when we went to our session with her, too! Sounds like it was quite an experience. She said they had to close all access to the outside decks because it was so bad. I really didn't think it was too bad while we were on board - the rocking was actually kind of fun! Nothing that made me not want to cruise again! I liked going to the "Up Close and Personal" talk - it was fun to hear the questions people asked the crew.

Those who sailed around Christmas complained of constant rocking but those who sailed a couple of months earlier didn't.

Since the Sensation wasn't my favorite ship, I don't comment much - BUT I will say that my Nov.1 five-night cruise on her was the rockiest I've ever seen on any ship - out of 10 cruises.

I have never, ever gotten seasick, but was so nauseated from the motion that I had to stay in my cabin and miss every minute of formal night. :o

Hi Gina, I'm curious to see what kind of motion the ship had. Those who sailed around Christmas complained of constant rocking but those who sailed a couple of months earlier didn't.

Sandsand, I have been on the Sensation twice. Neither time was it rocky.... other than going up and down the Miss. The cruise itself, once we were at sea, was VERY smooth, on both cruises (one from Tampa, one from NOLA)... the last day at sea coming back to Tampa, there was a very bad storm, and you could feel "motion" but not rocky at all. We cruised October 23rd last year and July 3rd in 2003... thank goodness we didn't have the "rocky-ness" others have spoken of!!!!!

We sailed on the Sensation New Year's Eve cruise 12/27/04 - 1/1/05.

It had quite a bit of movement both days at sea. Our assistant waiter told us that she was scheduled to go to drydock in the future to repair the stabilizers. Otherwise, it was a great cruise.

Steve

We also just got back off Sensations 4 night Jan. 6- 10 cruise. The was our first cruise, and we loved it. I was a little sick the first night and next day. And I don't like sailing down the Mississippi River, fog horns most of the night, heavy fogs, and very smelly. Other then these things, our trip was great. The food was wonderful. We liked two out of the four dinner shows. There were families there with small kids and two shows really were not appropriate for kids. We only spent a few dollars in the machines and lost all of it. Formal night was the second night at sea; it was really nice. I noticed the ship moving the most the last day and night. But we had storm clouds gathering near us, so that probably contributed to the movement. It seemed to us that we were at the front of the ship watching the show when it happened too. Our cabin was excellent and very clean. We just hung out at the pool most of the time. We didn't care for the harry man contest at all. Overall our cruise was better than we thought it would be. Oh, and we packed to many clothes. I took Bionine; it worked but made me very drowsy. We was on Empress deck and cabin was wonderful.

Happy cruising! You will love it.

Our family was on the Jan 6-10th Sensation cruise. I don't know what happened, but this was the first time cruising that I have not gotten the least bit seasick. There was some motion, but I didn't find it to be bad. I used the SeaBands, which I've used each time, and I also chewed Ginger Trips for the first time.

We had a great time, mostly relaxing at the pool while on the ship. While in Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach and it was great!

This was our first Carnival Cruise and we were very pleased. I especially thought the evening meals were better than on our cruises on the other lines.

I used the SeaBands, which I've used each time, and I also chewed Ginger Trips for the first time.

By SeaBands, are you referring to the bands you wear on your arm? And what are Ginger Trips? I'm real sensitive to all medication so I try to use natural things that will help. Sounds like these helped you so I'd like to find out more about them if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks!

Robbie

Bonine is an over the counter motion sickness tablet - you take one at breakfast and one at dinner. We started taking them the day before we left. I think they are also the pills they give you on the ship if you get sick. I highly recommend them - took them during my last two cruises and did just fine. They didn't make us tired and they had no side effects with liquor!

I'm cruising on the sensation later this year, wanted to know what the excercise room/classes were like.. and how bad the smoke was in the bars/ shows.. I know this can vary a lot by cruise.. but figured I'd ask. Umm...What's the pool like? and did you have an oceanview cabin.. what are they like? This is hubby and my first cruise.. and we're splurging on a OV room.

Archived