Sensation suites??

lilpinklady

• 4 weeks later...

Either..I just want to know what they are like. Space, closets,bathroom,..all the silly little details that don't matter. We'll prob book the OV anyway I think(unless God smiles and we get upgraded when we get there.) Booking the OV will save us almost 600 between the both of us...and we don't NEED the balcony. But it would be so awesome for our 1st cruise

Well the only reason we got a Cat 12 on the Paradise in 2003 was because we called about 1 month prior to sailing and did a suite guarantee for $600.00 (we were booked in an oceanview, 2 adults, 2 small children). Because the Cat 11 mini suites only sleep 3, we knew we were going to get the 12.

Now if you tried that, there's a good chance you'd only get the cat 11. Not sure that's worth an extra $600.00 The Cat 12 are worth every penny if you can afford it only because unlike the new ships, you need a suite to get a balcony on the Fantasy class ships.

The Cat 11 mini suites are pretty much the balcony cabins on the newer ships, so in my opinion, not worth the money. Their balconies also look down onto the lower deck, so there is NO privacy. You can chat with passengers strolling by.

The balconies on the Cat 12s, are recessed into the ship, so you would have privacy.

I'd keep the oceanview and call maybe 1-2 months prior to sailing to see what the upgrade would cost then. If there are suites still available, Carnival would rather have you pay for the upgrade rather than give it away to someone else, even if the cost is minimal. That way, they can upgrade someone from an inside cabin to your oceanview and sell the lower cabins at a discount.

Email me at born2crooz@comcast.net with any questions. I fear I may have rambled on.

• 2 weeks later...

Lil, we have a Cat. 12 suite reserved on the Sensation in July, 2005. We found some pictures on Webshots that give a wonderful perspective of the cabins. Just go to Webshots and type into search "Sensation Suites"....can't remember if I entered cat. 12 or not....don't think so. However, there is one couple that has all kinds of neat pictures of their cat. 12 suite and balcony. There is a walk-in closet and a jacuzzi-bathtub set up....pretty nice. I think the duvets are now all white which sounds nice and clean.

We had cat 11 Suite on Sensation, it was not worth the money for the small ----no privacy balcony. The balcony is very, very narrow. I would never book a cat 11 again on this class of ship again, not worth it, the room is old, needs to be updated.

Archived