Vegan options on Celebrity Millenium?

delila-lu

I know we vegans are a small fraction of the cruising population- but I wonder if anyone in this forum has had experience adhering to a vegan diet while sailing aboard the Millenium- or any other Celebrity ship.

I've sailed on 8 cruises in the past few years and have no complaints about the wonderful & plentiful food :) aboard each & every one of them-- however, I'd like to stick to my vegan habits this year as I remain aboard the Millenium for 31 days.

I'm pretty sure I saw a vegetarian entree every night, not so sure all vegetarian meals are vegan.

They brought me a menu every night after dinner and I selected what I would like to have and they made it gluten-free. I would guess they could easily do the same for you.

yes...that would be the way to go for sure! I actually do look at the vegetarian menu nightly but whenever there is cheese or eggs involved in the meal, I opt out rather than asking for ingredient changes to be made. Silly me...this year I'll try your strategy.

Last year we sailed the Galaxy for 32 days & every morning I asked someone for soy milk in the Oasis dining room...it became a chore after a while, even though I spoke with the maitre d' at the start of our vacation and he kindly assured me that soymilk was available at all times.

Eventually I gave up asking because the kitchen workers said there was no more soymilk left onboard & I was not wanting to get "bent out of shape" over soymilk :)

The last leg of that vacation was the final sailing of the Galaxy before she was sold, so I assumed that the ship was being cleared out of food & beverages and was probably why an infrequently requested item such as soymilk was not being restocked....no biggie. Sailing on the Caribbean with a cup of straight tea in my cup is better than not sailing at all!!;)

Archived