Extra Time After Cruise in Miami, Flight Out of FLL

kimberlee104

We will be sailing in one week from today from Miami for my graduation cruise (this is my 7th cruise)!! My question is this: our returning flight does not leave FLL until 6:45pm Sunday Dec 13th. After looking at the shore excursions that Carnival has to offer ($35-$45pp) for a group of 4 I am thinking we could do many more things for less money! I have located a car rental (Alamo) picking us up at the POM and taking us to the MIA where we can get a full-size car for $40 for the day. We could spend the rest of the day sightseeing and then drive ourselves down to FLL in the afternoon.

Does anyone have any experiences similar to what I am describing and/or have suggestions? This is our 1st time in Miami and the only things I can find are: Air Boat rides in the everglades and south beach (which both sound fabulous!!)

Thanks in advance!

We will be sailing in one week from today from Miami for my graduation cruise (this is my 7th cruise)!! My question is this: our returning flight does not leave FLL until 6:45pm Sunday Dec 13th. After looking at the shore excursions that Carnival has to offer ($35-$45pp) for a group of 4 I am thinking we could do many more things for less money! I have located a car rental (Alamo) picking us up at the POM and taking us to the MIA where we can get a full-size car for $40 for the day. We could spend the rest of the day sightseeing and then drive ourselves down to FLL in the afternoon.

Does anyone have any experiences similar to what I am describing and/or have suggestions? This is our 1st time in Miami and the only things I can find are: Air Boat rides in the everglades and south beach (which both sound fabulous!!)

Thanks in advance!

We rented a car and drove to the airboat rides. The airboat was awesome!!!!!!!!! There was also an aligator farm and admission was included

Archived