What is the best excursion to go on?

andeevie

We are going on our cruise in a few weeks, and still have not booked any shore excursions for Belize. Any suggestions?

Cave tubing is "the don't miss" thing in Belize. There are also significant Mayan ruins to be seen. Belize is not about beaches. A few details would help -- what ship are you on? Age range(s)? Mobility issues? Interests?

I did not hear a lot of comments about zip line in Belize (on our trip, people zip lined in other places) and I am too large for the zip lines so i cannot comment on them but I can tell you that the best excursion my family has been on at ANY port was the ATV/Cave Tubing tour in Belize through cave-tubing.com. It is close with the Stingray City tour in Grand Cayman but for right now, Belize edges it out.

Read my full cruise review at http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...?EntryID=60115 for more specific details but the quick summary is that the cave-tubing, especially with the safety changes made in the last year, is absolutely not to miss. I found the best price ahead of time to be cave-tubing.com and we had a terrific time with our guide, Evan, but that is all in the review. I strongly encourage you to avoid the ship tour version (they rush you through) and not to miss the cave-tubing and ATV. It was great.

I have the same question...we are arriving in Belize next Thursday on the Carnival Valor...any suggestions? We have no mobility issues, I want to be sure to zip line in one of our ports but I am not sure if Belize is the place to do so.

Thanks!!

Hey Kimberlee....we are on the Valor the week after you...we are booked for JaguarPaw for their Cave Tubing and Zip Line combo..$70 incl lunch. I researched on CC and all the reviews I could find were positive. This may not reach you before you go on the Valor..but if so, their website is jaguarpaw.com and their toll free number in the US is 1- 877- 624- 3770.

I will report back on our actual results with Jaguar Paw after our cruise.

Have fun!

Steve

We are going on our cruise in a few weeks, and still have not booked any shore excursions for Belize. Any suggestions?

We were there 3 weeks ago and I highly recommend the cave tubing and ATV adventure($75pp)through cavetubing.com.

You can also book just the tubing for $55pp.

You board the bus outside of the tender piers.

There 5 ships in port that day,we were aboard the Carnival Miracle, and tendering was a litttle slow.

We missed the bus by a couple of minutes but were in taken to meet it by Yhony(the owner) in his personal vehicle.

Our guide, Keith and the rest of the staff, were great and the 30 or so guests had a great time.

Archived