A quick review of PB

flagger

Part of this is taken from my review so I will just copy and paste.

This port made it all worth it for us. As soon as we disembarked, we got in a taxi and headed to Paradise Beach. We had read so much about it on the boards that we just wanted to check it out. The cab driver tried to talk us into going to another beach which had horseback riding and things he said were not at Paradise Beach. We told him we really wanted to go to Paradise Beach. He backed off and took us right there. The cab fare was USD $12. We were the first ship that arrived in port and we had our pick of spots to choose. We ended up right in front of the second story restaurant the second row back from the water. The water felt wonderful and the sun was just divine. I burn easily so you might have seen me wearing my shirt and making sure the umbrella completely shaded me.

It truly was Paradise. We had a wonderful time there. It was so worth the USD $5 we paid to use all of the water equipment. You should note the restaurant and drink prices are typical of a resort and you paid a bit more of a premium to eat there. Also note they do NOT take American Express. They just take cash, Visa and MasterCard.

As we were about to pack up, Ms. Flagger saw someone coming up to say hi. She just turned to him and said "Are you Tom?" Tom said, "Yep, I'm Tom." I introduced myself and we talked for about ten minutes. We had such a great time there that we will definitely go back next time we go to CZM. Tom said we lucked out as the weather had just been excellent while the days before had either been overcast or rainy. I am so glad we went.

flagger!! Nice to "see" you again. Enjoyed our chat, thanx for coming to visit us, and hope to see you again...adios!

Ms. Flagger asked me to add as a guacamole afficianado that the order she had at PB was indeed the best she ever had.

On another review someone asked what people did with their stuff. We just left ours at our chair, digital camera, etc. When we went up to dinner, we did bring our backpack which held our cash but also the diapers and wipes for our little one.

FYI-It appears from some of the other posts that Tom has a thing for any variety of campbell's Chunky soup so why not make his day when you visit Paradise Beach and take him a couple of cans. I think it's the least we can do for all of the joy he and the staff down there bring to our families!!

Tom-I'll bring soup and plain Spaghetti O's the first week in March. My kids can't wait to get down there. My 9 year old wanted to go horseback riding but the age limit is 12. She has been riding here since she was 5. Do you know of anyone that would let her ride or is insurance the sticking point on that one?

Thanks

Crystal

We'll be in Cozumel on the 28th and will be going to Paradise Beach. Looking forward to meeting Tom. Hopefully he'll be there. We are bringing our 3 year old and this does sound truly like paradise. The boards and Tom's postings have been great in planning what to do, especially with a young child. Give us sand, ocean and cool drinks and our day is made (and of course 80oF weather!) See you there!

Archived