First time in St. Maarten~Reccomended Private Tour Guide Please!

MissSummers20

My family will be going to St. Maarten for the first time next August and we like to be off the ship the whole day exploring and enjoying each port.

We booked our own tours on our last (and only) cruise and had an amazing experience being guided by a local and getting to do things without the huge ship crowds, plus it was 1/4 the cost of the ship's excursions, the money went directly into the port's economy and we were able to tip really well.

Can you please share your experience with private tour guides and/or companies and how you liked the tour?

Favorite thing to do in St. Maarten?

Least favorite?

Thank you in advance!

Going next August, you have plenty of time to plan, but spend a good deal of that time browsing this board for recommendations and past experiences.

I believe that you'll end up looking at two local guides that could suit your needs.

Bernards Tours and Joyce Prince.

Check them both out and see what you think.

Taxi island tours are also available.

th_DSCN3852b.jpg

(click)

As to the favorite and least favorite things to do, that will depend entirely on what you are looking for on your vist, i.e.: Active jet Skiing for all, Sitting on a great beach with umbrella drinks, or a tour of culture and art galleries on the island.

Come back with some more specific questions and I bet you'll get many recommendations.

gary

Archived