Verizon cell service on Princess & So America?

familytrippers

Has anyone had any experience using a verizon cell phone on the ship and and / or in South American ports (Argentina, Chile, Uruguay)? I have a Blackberry that is global and will officially work, but I'm wondering how the quality is? I need to keep in touch with my kids back home, thanks!

You should have cell phone service while on the cruiseship. The charge being $2.49 per minute charged on your verizon bill for calls while on the ship. We've not cruised to your ports but had almost no problem making calls on the ship from any ship location in the Caribbean and central America. We did have a few hours on our Panama Canal cruise when it did not work but we just tried again later and all was well. At times the connection was clearer out on our balcony then in our cabin but not any major difference. Here's the linkto Verizon that should tell you what you wish to know.

http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Roaming/

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Archived