Captain's Circle credits in full suite

ndavis7515

I have read that you receive double credits for a 7 day cruise when you travel in a full suite. How many credits do you receive if you a taking a 14 day cruise in a full suite? I am listed as 2 credits but I was assuming that that was because it was 14 days (2 7's). Is this the wrong assumption?

Thanks

I have read that you receive double credits for a 7 day cruise when you travel in a full suite. How many credits do you receive if you a taking a 14 day cruise in a full suite? I am listed as 2 credits but I was assuming that that was because it was 14 days (2 7's). Is this the wrong assumption?

Thanks

If it is a straight 14 day cruise with only one booking number, you will get only 2 cruise credits. If it is two 7 day cruises B2B with two booking numbers, then you would get 2 cruise credits for each segment, total of 4. All depends on how you book. Each booking number in a full suite will result in two cruise credits for each sailing no matter if it is 7 days or 107 days.

So, whether you are sailing on a one night cruise, or a longer cruise, if it is booked as one cruise, your credits will be 2. If you book segments of a cruise seperately, that is when the cruise credits will increase.

If it is a straight 14 day cruise with only one booking number, you will get only 2 cruise credits. If it is two 7 day cruises B2B with two booking numbers, then you would get 2 cruise credits for each segment, total of 4. All depends on how you book. Each booking number in a full suite will result in two cruise credits for each sailing no matter if it is 7 days or 107 days.

That doesn't seem right!

That doesn't seem right!

Well, it's better than it used to be. Until recently, no matter which stateroom you booked, inside to full suite, you only received one credit. At least now you receive double for booking a full suite, which is much better than it was before.

It is not broken down into 7 day sailings, just per cruise.

Well, it's better than it used to be. Until recently, no matter which stateroom you booked, inside to full suite, you only received one credit. At least now you receive double for booking a full suite, which is much better than it was before.

It is not broken down into 7 day sailings, just per cruise.

Thanks.

I know I travelled in a full suite in january 08 and only got 1. It didn't change until december 08!!

Right, it changed back then.

Now, if your cruise is sold as both 7 day or 14 day (which sometimes happens), you can book it as two 7 day sailings and get the extra cruise credits. Sometimes it saves you $$$ doing it this way, other times it will cost you more. All depends on how anxious you are to get those cruise credits built up.

BUT, if you normally sail in a full suite, having those extra cruise credits won't get you any more perks (except the little gift of shipboard credit that increases as your cruise credits increase) than the full suite will anyway.

Edited, Strike that booking the 14 day seperarely, just noticed you are sailing on the Grand and it is only sold as 14 days (we sailed on that same cruise last January).

Right, it changed back then.

Now, if your cruise is sold as both 7 day or 14 day (which sometimes happens), you can book it as two 7 day sailings and get the extra cruise credits. Sometimes it saves you $$$ doing it this way, other times it will cost you more. All depends on how anxious you are to get those cruise credits built up.

BUT, if you normally sail in a full suite, having those extra cruise credits won't get you any more perks (except the little gift of shipboard credit that increases as your cruise credits increase) than the full suite will anyway.

Edited, Strike that booking the 14 day seperarely, just noticed you are sailing on the Grand and it is only sold as 14 days (we sailed on that same cruise last January).

Did you enjoy it? Any tips?

So, whether you are sailing on a one night cruise, or a longer cruise, if it is booked as one cruise, your credits will be 2. If you book segments of a cruise seperately, that is when the cruise credits will increase.

So, what if you book a world cruise and travel in a full suite (yeah right, I couldn't afford that), is that only 2 credits?

So, what if you book a world cruise and travel in a full suite (yeah right, I couldn't afford that), is that only 2 credits?

If you booked it as the 107 days, with only one booking number, then yes, it would be counted as only two cruise credits in a full suite. (keep in mind though that Princess now counts days sailed or cruise credits towards your status in the Captain's Circle). If you booked the same cruise in segments (as said, sometimes that saves, other times that makes it more expensive), then you would receive credits for each segment booked. In order to receive more cruise credits, they have to be booked with different booking numbers.

Here is the link to the Captain's Circle page on Princess, it explains the days (or cruises) needed, for each tier. https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/memberShipBenefitsForProspect.jsp

If you booked it as the 107 days, with only one booking number, then yes, it would be counted as only two cruise credits in a full suite. (keep in mind though that Princess now counts days sailed or cruise credits towards your status in the Captain's Circle). If you booked the same cruise in segments (as said, sometimes that saves, other times that makes it more expensive), then you would receive credits for each segment booked. In order to receive more cruise credits, they have to be booked with different booking numbers.

I forgot about counting the days.

Archived