Hows This Sound?

2plus2

The four of us, myself, wife, son (13) and daughter(11) (thus 2plus2) are booked with Carnival on the Legend for kids spring break, March 14-21 Western Carribean. We are soooo looking forwardto this cruise. Thus far we have booked the following excursions, through Carnival, for this trip. I know we could have booked them on our own for probably less $ but seeing this is a first visit to each location we decided to just do it the most convenient way (as we see it) this time.

First stop will be Grand cayman where we will be doing the Dolphin Encounter & Stingray City. Option to drop off at 7 Mile Beach and find our own way back. We'll probably drop off.

Second stop is Cozumel where we will use the whole day up at the Mayan Ruins of Tulum excursion.

Third we have Belize and the Bacab Eco Park Kayak Creek Expedition. The description sounds good. i guess we'll see.

Last but not least, Isla Roatan and the Tabayan Beach Break. After readin about this here on CC I am really looking forward to this one. People rave about this place.

Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated

Your plans sound wonderful. You and your family will have a great time!

On Grand Cayman, if you get dropped off at Seven Mile Beach, you can catch a public bus back to the cruise ship pier. The cost is $2.50 per person. The buses are actually minivans that accommodate 10 people and are used by both the locals and tourists. Just stand along the side of the road (keep in mind that they drive on the left side). Bus drivers honk when they see people on the side of the road, and you can just wave if you want him to stop. Tell the driver where you want to get off, and pay when you exit. Remember that traffic can get congested downtown later in the day, so allow yourself enough time to get back to the ship.

Archived