I am sick and tired...

Steelermoose

This thread is so enjoyable...talk about a good hijack! And since I grew up in Stamford (CT, for all y'all southerners), I feel like I'm a neighbor;) We'll be sailing the Miracle in May coz we're taking the whole family and can't afford all the flights. Taking Dad for his first cruise (at the age of 82) and he lives on the upper East Side. Irishman born and raised in Brooklyn, he will certainly tell you if you piss him off, but he is never rude:p

Back to the pizza...........New Haven has awesome pizza, so all you New Yorkers don't have ALL the good pizza!;):D

Toni, nice to see ya! I've been slumming on Facebook, too!

I heard the pizza place near Yale that is suppossed to be fabulous just opened a place in Yonkers.

LOL. We just went to the one that used to be the bank on Mam'k. I had a chicken dish that wasn't too bad.

DH had his Christmas party there last year...his staff loved it. we absolutely love Alaroma on 119....used to be Gaulins...and Andrews. I think you went to the prom with the owner!!! Naw, just kidding you.

Is that the one on the old site of Ricky's Clam House?

I don't remember the location...but if it is on Central and it is the great place from New Haven....I hate to think what will come of it....I would have hoped that it was a small little place tucked away somewhere....I think the N Haven one is like that...at least that is what I got from the article I read.

we absolutely love Alaroma on 119....used to be Gaulins...and Andrews. I think you went to the prom with the owner!!! Naw, just kidding you.

My brother goes there all the time. He may have gone to the prom with the owner.

We were there for Mothers day and for my SIL's 40th B'day. We've YET to order off the menu!

Zum Zum! I used to love going to them when I got to go with dad to work.

Imagine my surprise finding one in Mazatlan back in the 90's

I think there was a Horn and Hardart in Cross County Center?

I recall one at the center....and I remember Tony Roma's for ribs there as well....with onion ring loaves!!! Now it is Burger King!!!

Ah....Woolworth's...the Center had 2 of them...do you remember that?

And of course the Gimbel's lunch bar!!!...That would have been a girl thing though:D

My brother goes there all the time. He may have gone to the prom with the owner.

We were there for Mothers day for my SIL's 40th B'day. We've YET to order off the menu!

Great escarole!!! and the antipasto salad!!!

I am boring when I go there...Shrimp Parm or Chic Scarpatti....I know I know...next time I will venture off the menu. With money the way it is...we are sticking to one or two great restaurants from now on...and ALaroma is it!!!

I recall one at the center....and I remember Tony Roma's for ribs there as well....with onion ring loaves!!! Now it is Burger King!!!

Ah....Woolworth's...the Center had 2 of them...do you remember that?

And of course the Gimbel's lunch bar!!!...That would have been a girl thing though:D

You should check out "that towns" page on FB. LOT's of great old pictures that people have been posting. My brother, MrPaul, was born in that hospital.

OK:

Zum Zum

Tad's

Horn & Hardart

Zum Zum and Tads Steaks I remember

My mom worked in the city before she married my Dad and moved to Connecticut.

She used to eat at Horn and Hardart a lot. She remembered an older lady who she would see there a lot. After she ate , she would get a bowl of hot water, take out her dentures right at the table, swish them around in the water , wipe them with a napkin and put them back in her mouth. *LOL*

Anyone rememeber

Schrafts

Chock Full of Nuts

4 and 20 ..... a chain of sandwich shops (food was so so0 but they made the best fresh pies right on the premises

Bagel Nosh

Anyone rememeber

Schrafts

Chock Full of Nuts

4 and 20 ..... a chain of sandwich shops (food was so so0 but they made the best fresh pies right on the premises

Bagel Nosh

Yup!

Yup!

Nope!

And they converted an old Jet/Carrols Hamburger joint (remember them?) to Bagel Nash, where I remember I had my first ever bagel!

Yup!

Yup!

Nope!

And they converted an old Jet/Carrols Hamburger joint (remember them?) to Bagel Nash, where I remember I had my first ever bagel!

We had Carroll's hamburgers here in CT for a while (This was over 30 years ago). Then they became Wetsons, which were also very good

Ok everyone from this area........WALTER'S in Larchmont.....no saurkraut!!!

Anyone remember when they tried to open one in Yonkers? And everyone wanted sauerkraut with their mustard. Go figure.

BTW, The Xmas Tree shop has a great jarred sauerkraut from Bavaria for $1.99 for a large jar..soaked in white wine.....how do I know this?

We have loads of German corporate employees living in town and they rave about it!! Just sayin':D

I'm surprised I forgot that one ... actually two ... now that I think about it. I walk past them every danged day.

I will say this ... the Hawaiian Tropic Zone, though not my normal ambiance, has good wings.

The Hawaii Kai:D The Riverboat:D

Zum Zum and Tads Steaks I remember

My mom worked in the city before she married my Dad and moved to Connecticut.

She used to eat at Horn and Hardart a lot. She remembered an older lady who she would see there a lot. After she ate , she would get a bowl of hot water, take out her dentures right at the table, swish them around in the water , wipe them with a napkin and put them back in her mouth. *LOL*

Anyone rememeber

Schrafts

Chock Full of Nuts

Bagel Nosh

Kresge's submarine sandwiches....3 for a dollar!!!!

Grinders, wedges, hoagies.....any other names?

Anyone remember when they tried to open one in Yonkers? And everyone wanted sauerkraut with their mustard. Go figure.

I was transfered to our Larchmont location in 1979. I remember being asked if I wanted something from Walter's, and I was like, "Huh". You would think I was uttering something sacreligious. So I got the whole story, and ordered 2!

Ordered from there quite frequently after that, but was only there for 9 months.

Friend of mine has nothing but praise for Blue Water Grille....

speaking of indian... there's a block or 2 of wall to wall indian restaurants on Lexington Ave... from about 33rd to 30th... (I don't really like Indian... but I see them from my bus on the way home...)

BWG- Awesome

Lexington Ave Indian- by the armory.. mostly vegan/kosher- Very good but 6th St is better!!

BTW, The Xmas Tree shop has a great jarred sauerkraut from Bavaria for $1.99 for a large jar..soaked in white wine.....how do I know this?

We have loads of German corporate employees living in town and they rave about it!! Just sayin':D

I remember a Walt's Roast Beef, a chain. they had really good sandwiches

Archived