Off-SoHo Suites

gehrandt

Has anyone stayed at the Off-SoHo suites hotel? Any comments?

While I have not stayed in this hotel, I spend quite a bit of time in the area for business and can tell you about the area. It is NOT quiet!!! The Bowery Ballroom is just around the corner. LIVE music and open most nights until 4AM. There are still a lot of homeless men wandering the Bowery all hours of the night. There are people sleeping on the street, especially around the corner of Houston and Bowery (a couple blocks north). And directly West of Bowery are quite a few Chinese/Italian produce markets/food markets. Those places get their deliveries from midnight until 6:00AM, so there is quite a bit of truck traffic in the area all night.

You are quite a ways from MidTown, if you want to be around MidTown. But if you want to be downtown, there really are better places (quieter) to stay. I personally like Manhattan Seaport Suites and the Grand Tribeca (expensive). There are two or three Signature Suites, a coupe of Hilton Garden Inn's, an Embassy Suites and two or three Club Quarters in the area which are mid priced.

Archived