I got my Sea miles card today

steveaaaa

There is no info on transfering points and very little info on anything else.I made some calls to both Juniper and Sea miles and this is what I was told by both. The Cap1 points will be transfered to CCL,as will the Sea mile points.CCL will be the "Bank" of the points.Sea miles will be the provider and administrator of the travel services.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the info.

So am I right in assuming from your post that in order to use the seamiles reward points, a person will have to book their cruise through SeaMiles? :confused:

Yes, I even tried to book/get pricing.Here is what I found.They are real busy and after being on hold, they answer and then want to call you back. The rates are the same as you would get on a site like expedia. I was not able to get an exact answer to my questions/quote. I wanted to know my out of pocket cost for a 7 day Alaska cruise for 4 in an outside cabin on NCL. I want to use 110,000 points (good for free cruise for 2 in outside cabin). I will have to call back in the morning (mountain time). It appears this is a $3000 cruise with the following break down.

$809/140/64.90 = 1013.90 per adult

$259/140/64.90 = 463.90 per child

I wonder if all I will get off is the $809 x 2 ($1618) or the $140x2 also. I wanted to know how much more a Balcony was.We will see about the kids rates also.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the details so far. Seems you are the first person who has actually gotten their card.

Just wondered...Did they mention anything about ability to transfer a booking to another TA?

After reading the fine print, it appears they are the TA.They talk about penalties,ect. In order to access other info you must be a member.To get into their site you need to register and use the ID# they give you.The ID# is actually printed on the credit card under your name. The site has a bunch of boxes where you fill in certificate numbers that almost appear to be timeshare like,but since I cannot access that part I am unsure. I am calling them this Am for more info.

Steve

Well,

I just called again this morning and they again answered that all agents are busy and they will take my number and call me back.I told them they took my number twice last night an never called me back. I was informed today that it will be up to 24 hours now.:eek:

Steve

I just applied for my sea miles card today.I was told that all you have to do is spned $10,000 and you get $500 off a cruise.I repeatedly asked him if he was sure and he said he was.He said you get 5,000 points after your first purchase,making you only have to spend $5,000 for $500 off a cruise. He said you could book with any TA in any category.I still think it is hard to believe. Capital One MC you have to spend $23,000 for $500. We will see.

I just applied for my sea miles card today.I was told that all you have to do is spned $10,000 and you get $500 off a cruise.I repeatedly asked him if he was sure and he said he was.He said you get 5,000 points after your first purchase,making you only have to spend $5,000 for $500 off a cruise. He said you could book with any TA in any category.I still think it is hard to believe. Capital One MC you have to spend $23,000 for $500. We will see.

The fine print says "Up To $500 for 10,000 pts (depending on Cat., season, availabiltiy, etc.....

There is no info on transfering points and very little info on anything else.I made some calls to both Juniper and Sea miles and this is what I was told by both. The Cap1 points will be transfered to CCL,as will the Sea mile points.CCL will be the "Bank" of the points.Sea miles will be the provider and administrator of the travel services.

Steve

CRAP....The End of a Good Thing.....

I feel so loyal to my Travel Agent.........Don't know what to think now !

Want to Bet Carnival has a major interest in this "www.OurVacationClub.com" where you have to book the cruises through Sea-Miles.......

x

I am curious, when did you sign up for your card? I signed up and it stated more information is needed and they would contact me by mail. Normally this is a standard deny message; however, our credit is perfect.

I am ready to start using this card. They would be foolish not to send one to me.

To me the promise of "up to $500 off" means that you can get $500 off for a cruise the 2nd week of Jan, or mid October, but if you want to go on a cruise during the summer when most families can actually cruise, then good luck! Also, I don't know what they mean when they say "off". Off what? Discount rates, rack rates? These could be as useless as the CCL coupons in the back of the Entertainment book.

UP to $500.... You redeem thru Seamiles travel agency.

This is an almost worthless reward,the free cruise is the only way to win.They let you know how much up to $500. The rates are the same as the other online sources,Orbitz,Expedia,ect. The big bonus is you get to use it on other lines and it has 3-12 night cruises even in Europe for free.

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I called Cap 1 yesterday to see how many points I have. for the first time ever, no one there could tell me how many points I had "You'll have to call CCL". It appears we missed getting a second $200 cabin discount by $170. My wife has a

"habit" of using her StarBuck card everywhere to get a free cup of their wretched "coffee". I told her that I hope that coffe tastes good as it cost us $200.

any idea how to find out when to transfer points from the Capital One card?

how do you find out which cruises are available that points can be used?

The transfer is automatic

Which cruises? All cruises. You must go the the seamiles web site and log in using the id# under your name on the credit card.This will get you into the site.At this point you must still call as there is nothing set up yet.

Steve

Archived