Snuba with Kirk Sea Tours???

foreverhis_mdh

Does anyone know anything about the Snuba tour with Kirk Sea Tours? I haven't really seen much info. about them on CC but am looking into possibly using them. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!!

Foreverhis_mdh

1st time cruiser--Rhapsody of the Seas

March 13-20, 2005

We did Snuba with them in August. We weren't on a cruise, we went to GC for a land vacation and we booked them directly. And yes, they are the only Snuba outfit in GC. I am sure they will book you not through the ship. Why wouldn't they? And I would bet it's cheaper, booking your own excursions always is! Good luck!

We did Snuba with them in August. We weren't on a cruise, we went to GC for a land vacation and we booked them directly. And yes, they are the only Snuba outfit in GC. I am sure they will book you not through the ship. Why wouldn't they? And I would bet it's cheaper, booking your own excursions always is! Good luck!

The only reason would be if their contract (if they have one) with the cruise ships prohibits it... Since they are the only ones, they had some room to negotiate - not sure if they did. Why I brought up was at first glance, I didn't see a way to book directly from their website.

Obviously, you can pretend you will be a land based customer in an email and see if the rates differ. I have no experience with them, - your mileage may vary.

We have done it and loved it. The only thing that was negative for me.....but wouldn't stop me from doing it again.....was the swimming to get out there. I am not a strong swimmer. They have their intro, you fill out medical forms and sign waivers, they teach you hand signals, you practice, then you are hooked up to all the stuff, a weight belt is put on your waist....then you have to swim out a good distance. It was more difficult with the belt on. I say it was a hundred yards, my DH says that is an exaggeration. Anyway...I was tired and breathing pretty hard by the time I got out there. I told my guide I didn't think I could do it. He was so awesome. Started talking in such a calming way.... I caught my breath, relaxed, he took my hand and we went down together. It was so beautiful and relaxing. If I were to do it again, I would take my time on the way out.

Have a great time. You will definately enjoy it!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have booked this tour through RCCL. Anyone have any additional experiences to share? My son is 12 and I'm interested to see if anyone has kids that have done this so I might reassure him a bit. We are both strong swimmers.

Thanks!

Lisa

• 3 weeks later...

Archived