Parking at Peir vs hotel in Tampa

Granite Lady

Parking at the pier is very convenient & easy. They have a drive-thru area where you go through & drop off your luggage with the porter. Passengers can also get out there & wait (it's right in front of the terminal). Then the driver takes the car to the parking garage, which is essentially right across the road. Pay as you enter, park the car, make the short stroll back to the terminal. When you get back, reverse the process (or schlep your luggage to the garage, whichever you prefer).

Alternatively, they have valet parking available for a few dollars more per day.

I've never done a "park at the hotel" deal because I live nearby. I'd imagine on the way it is about the same, maybe slightly easier since the shuttle drops you off & you don't have to go over to the garage. On the way home, I'd guess it's easier to have your own car since you don't have to find the shuttle (or wait for it), load your gear there, drive back to the hotel & transfer your bags to your own car. But I doubt the ease would be a deciding factor for one or the other.

If you don't care about pricing then parking at the pier is the way to go @$14 per day. If you're cost conscious, then park at the South Regional Garage (about 3/4 mile away from the pier). It's a city run garage and charges $9.50 per day. There is a tram stop right outside the garage that will take the driver right back to the pier @$2.50 one way. So have the driver drop off everybody and luggage at the pier, park, catch the tram and save some ca$h. (btw, we're staying at the Westin Harbour Island and they want $15.00 a night. I will park at the city garage and walk the 2 blocks back to the hotel)

http://www.tampagov.net/dept_Parking/Programs_and_services/Garages_and_Lots/Regional_South_garage.asp

Parking at the pier is very convenient & easy. They have a drive-thru area where you go through & drop off your luggage with the porter. Passengers can also get out there & wait (it's right in front of the terminal). Then the driver takes the car to the parking garage, which is essentially right across the road. Pay as you enter, park the car, make the short stroll back to the terminal. When you get back, reverse the process (or schlep your luggage to the garage, whichever you prefer).

Alternatively, they have valet parking available for a few dollars more per day.

I've never done a "park at the hotel" deal because I live nearby. I'd imagine on the way it is about the same, maybe slightly easier since the shuttle drops you off & you don't have to go over to the garage. On the way home, I'd guess it's easier to have your own car since you don't have to find the shuttle (or wait for it), load your gear there, drive back to the hotel & transfer your bags to your own car. But I doubt the ease would be a deciding factor for one or the other.

It is for my husband lol. The hotels charge $5.00 a day to park but I know he is worried about getting back there.

Thanks

Archived