Laptop and Internet on Legend

Benge

Hi , I am travelling on the Legend in an outside cabin in Feb 2010 , I would like to know if I can access the internet with my laptop while onboard. I have used it on Royal Caribbean before and wireless but didn't have laptop on the last Carnival cruise so I don't know if it is worth the bother of hauling around. Anyone with experience on the Legend would be appreciated.

Hi , I am travelling on the Legend in an outside cabin in Feb 2010 , I would like to know if I can access the internet with my laptop while onboard. I have used it on Royal Caribbean before and wireless but didn't have laptop on the last Carnival cruise so I don't know if it is worth the bother of hauling around. Anyone with experience on the Legend would be appreciated.

Benge,

Yes you can. I always take a laptop and have always been able to connect wirelessly from my cabin. The internet speeds aren't that great, but are as fast from my laptop in my cabin as they are from the internet cafe's on board.

For our last three I have used a Mac instead of PC. Mac's work as well as PCs for internet access and photo storage.

My Mac on board Legend in our cabin;

2267630380065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Benge... there is a charge to connect and it's fairly significant... One time $3.95 setup fee and $.75/minute without a plan. With a plan it's either 100 minutes for $55 or 250 minutes for $100... kinda pricey.

As Paul said, connect speeds are pretty low but you can get the best speed early in the morning or late in the evening. Everyone (all the passengers, anyway...) are sharing the same 900 K connection.

Best of luck!!

:)

How do you get those raffle tix? And, is there a drawing on board at the end of the week? Thx.

devinc,

I think those tix were aquired while playing BINGO; they either sell them or they come with buying BINGO tix. I'll have to look through my pics and get back to you for when the drawing is. I was at the drawing and took pics which means I did not win...........:o They also draw for a free cruise from among the satisfaction surveys completed and turned in.

Archived