Costa Rica rainforest tram ride

rimram

We are cruising on the Zuiderdam in February and we would like to book a tram ride in the rain forest. We are trying to decide whether or not to go on the 7 1/2 hour trip to Braulio Carrillo National Park or the 5 1/2 hour trip to Veragua Rainforest. Has anybody done either one? All responses welcome. Thank you Rimram.:)

We went to Veragua last month, and loved it. Guided tour through the various exhibits, tram ride thru the rain forest, optional hike to a waterfall (very much worth it, if you can navigate about 150 steps).

Highly recommend...

On my recent visit there we did the Off-road Adventure tour on a specially made vehicle. We got to see plenty of animals up close. We also took some unpaved back roads and even forded a river. Here is a picture of the vehicle which is made partly from a converted Russian Missile Launcher.

100_2226.jpg.8356e68242533bb0704f54baeef09e5b.jpg

We went to Veragua last month, and loved it. Guided tour through the various exhibits, tram ride thru the rain forest, optional hike to a waterfall (very much worth it, if you can navigate about 150 steps).

Highly recommend...

When you say "steps" do you mean stairs or paces?

When you say "steps" do you mean stairs or paces?

It's stairs, definitely! I'm mobility challenged, and stayed on the tram platform for the @20 minutes the rest of our group was gone. They sent a non-English speaking employee down to take me on a 5 minute flat walk through the rainforest, involving lots of hand gestures, but no animal sightings there. My husband went up to the waterfall, and was underwhelmed.

Highly recommend...

Adam, would love to have the sloth pic if you still have our E-mail. My grandson was totally impressed, and that's unusual! Linda

Glad to send you the photos -- I am sure we have your e-mail address somewhere, but I would be hard-pressed to put my hands on it at this point.

Shoot me an e-mail at adambergman at ymail dot com, and I will be glad to send them to you.

Hope you enjoyed the cruise as much as we did. We sure enjoyed spending the day with you in Costa Rica.

Archived