Beize Shore Excrusion

t12young

Can someone tell me about this Shore Excursion "Aerial Trek & Cave Tubing"?

My wife is a little bit leery about this, any advice?

We did this very excursion in Belize , it was great . You can tell your wife my two girls 8 and 10 did it and loved it .;)

While I cannot personally attest to it (wife and I did Lamanai), our kids did it and my youngest daughter is definitely not the adventurous type, but they both loved it. Can recommend an excellent company (versus using the cruise ship tour) if you want to email me directly (scoop_msu@hotmail.com).

One concern my wife has is she has an insulin pump and it is not supposed to be submerged in water. She can detach the pump for a couple of hours, but not any longer. How long do you actually float in the water and do you have somewhere you can store things you don’t want to get wet?

The river tubing is about an hour in the water. She can leave the pump in the Bus , van etc. . But what ever you take with you on the hike to the put-in goes with you in the water.

Now , the entire process ( tubing) could easily hit 2 hours since you need to hike to the put-in + the time in the water + the walk back is around 2 hours total.

The zip line is right near the facility , not an issue.

You may want to contact them since I know there is more than one place to put-in.

Good luck ;)

Archived