How did you wash/clean your toddler?

CoolTripletMom

We just returned from the Sapphire Princess with our 2 year old... brought along the inflatable ducky tub and she loved the fact that she could climb in and out of herself, even though she barely fits now.

On this particular ship, the shower did not have a detachable shower head, but the water was nice and warm. =)

• 2 weeks later...

When we go on our next cruise in August our youngest will be 15 months. I plan to fill the sink with warm soapy water and bring a big sponge to sponge her down in the shower cubicle. Then rise her off with cups of clean water - again from the sink. Hopefully that'll keep her clean enough for the duration of our cruise!

Plus, my kids hate having cups of water put on their head to wash their hair, so don't know how much they would enjoy water spraying down on them constantly like in a shower. But we will try over the course of the next couple months just for this cruise.

When my oldest darling was about 2, he went through a phase where he hated any water getting into his face- so at bathtime we tried this special visor. I believe we got ours from Target, but this looks pretty close...

http://www.amazon.com/One-Step-Ahead-Shampoo-Visor/dp/B002YQU3EQ/ref=pd_sbs_ba_7

Maybe try something like for the kids...

Have a great time!!

Diana:)

Triplet mom -- don't know how big (size-wise) your LOs are... but my kiddos actually fit into the bathroom sink and we did some baths that way. Click here for a pic:

http://picasaweb.google.com/hcj1440/PanamaCanalCruise?authkey=Gv1sRgCKr6mf26xrvrHQ#5414121354926937058

My son (in the pic) was around 36-37" tall at the time... and he's skinny, so that probably helped. He loved taking a "sink bath" and now asks for it at home every once in a while. I used a cup to rinse him off.

We took some showers too. I have twins my hat's off to you for surviving that first year with three :eek:!!

Archived