Power snorkling on Grand Turks

wagmart

My wife and I took the power snorkling tour on Grand Turks. The description said we would enter the water off the beach. When we got there we were told we had to ride a boat out to deaper water because of the tide. I love to snorkel but I can't swim. I spent four years in the US Navy and never learned to swim. Being told that I had to jump out of a boat was not something that I wanted to do. I put on a vest that I blew up so there is no way I could sink and entered the water. They threw the power snorkel into the water besides me and I really didn't have any fear like I should have. The poere snorkel thing had three speeds to propel you in the water. The guide used his to dive all the way to the bottom. We were in fifteen to twenty feet of water but was told that there was a drop off to seven thousand feet which looked like a black void. We saw several fish but none real big. There were some jellyfish that we had to avoid. All in all it was an amazing way to snorkel. We saw as many fish on Half Moon Cay snorkling over by the Grand Veranda along the wall by there entrance walkway. Much shallower water for me and as many and more colorful fish. All in all I really got my snorkling fix and lived to talk about it. I would recomment the power snorkling tour at any port. The experience was worth it.

Archived