water temps in February, and sea sickness

krisbtr

We will be in GC February 2010, and are considering taking thestingray snorkel excursion. My worry is this...how cool will the water and/or air temps be then? Will it be uncomfortable to be in the water then. And secondly, there are a few in our party that are prone to seasickness, how is the ride to stingray city, are we in a comewhat protected area, or the open sea? Any help would be appreciated

Water is in the high 70's to maybe low 80's in the shallows. Quite nice. Sting ray city is on the outer edge of North Sound as shown on this map. On a windy day, there can be significant chop. On a calm day, it can be quite... well... calm. The size of the boat that you'll be on will mater as well. I don't get seasick on the ship - but I take Meclizine whenever I'm going on a tender, dive boat, or similar expedition. It's easily available, low priced, and effective for me, even if only in my head.

We will be in GC February 2010, and are considering taking thestingray snorkel excursion. My worry is this...how cool will the water and/or air temps be then? Will it be uncomfortable to be in the water then. And secondly, there are a few in our party that are prone to seasickness, how is the ride to stingray city, are we in a comewhat protected area, or the open sea? Any help would be appreciated

Hi Hope you don't mind me asking but when in February are you going? I'll be there on the 10th. Hopeful this time we can get off the ship. Been there twice before and only seen the place from the ship.

Seasickness.......I get seasick if I don't take Bonine (which is a form a Meglazine (or however you spell it). Bonine can be found in Walmart and does not need a perscription.....and it works great for me. I take two a day for the entire cruise, even when we're in port....because most of the excursions we take involve car, bus, or boat transportation.

I have tried everything from perscription patches to those Chinese wrist bands and Bonine works the best for me and I don't get drozzy.

Archived