My DD has her heart set on snorkeling in Jan in Nassau!

tree811

I am reading water & air temps that are not too promising. She is dd21, with several friends, my DH54 & me. Now ,we swim in NC in water that has made us go numb fror the waist down,so we are not wimpy, but have only been snorkeling once. Is this a fantasy not worth pursuing or doable? It is her 21st bday trip & we'd love to do this as this is the only thing she really wanted to do other than go on a cruise, buuuutttt..... will it be worth it? Thanks for any inisight! Deb

Water temps will probably be low to mid 70's---definitely chilly on a clowdy day.I would suggest buying or renting a 3 Mil wetsuit and take a jacket for when you get out of the water.Yep, it can be chilly but the beautiful reefs and marine life is well worth it.Check out Stuart and Michelle Cove's 3 location snorkel trip--the last stop is snorkeling with the awesum Caribbean Reef Sharks!

We did a snorkeling trip last January in Nassau. The breeze was a little chilly, but it wasn't bad. After about an hour of snorkeling we were cold enough to want to get back on the boat. We were only wearing normal bathing suits. None of us had sweatshirts to put on after we got back on the boat and we were ok after we dried off a little bit. Like another poster said, if you're worried, try getting a thermal skin or a 3mil wet suit at a local dive shop. Also, have a towel and a sweatshirt ready when you get back on the boat. We all had a great time snorkeling there even with the chill. It's definitely worth it.

We did it and we ARE wimpy. Still got our snorkeling fix, even though we couldn't stay in the water very long. If your DD is wanting to, don't hesitate, but the advice to bring some warm stuff to put on after is good advice. It also helped that we were on a snorkeling tour that included A LOT of rum punch on the way back!:D

Archived