My 40 year old sewing machine has given up

Cozzette2

Kris, nope, no Harry and David tour so far. I just like to say hi to fellow cruisers from where I live. Actually out past Eagle Point.

Darn it! Now I'am getting the sewing bug! Noooo! Too much stuff going on already. Maybe after Christmas.

Nice to meet a neighbor. My daughter is in Eagle Point.

I also felt poor because my Mom made all my clothes, She didn't use a pattern which to this day I am in envy of. Every time I would see something in the store she would say, "Oh I can make that" and she did and most of it was pretty close to the origina.l I learned to appreciate what she did when I started sewing clothes for myself and kids. I do use a pattern though lol I don't sew as much as I used to but it is a way to personalize your outfit.

I am trying to pick my "Season" colors from the other thread and make stuff that is the most flattering to my coloring plus you can custom fit around trouble areas [ of which I have many] Kris

This has been a fun thread thanks for all sharing your experiences, I feel like I know some of you much better now.

Do you know how much money you have saved? You can go on another cruise!!:D

Oh, believe me, I know. I just don't think DH has any idea of how much I save him.:( The only thing I don't make are sheers....that stuff just slides all over the place. I'm fortunate to have a fabulous drapery and upholstery fabric store with even more fabulous prices close by. Our whole house has been decorated from that place.

I DO love to design window treatments and make them. I also hire out but only if I'm in the mood and it's a REALLY good friend.;) I do very little clothing anymore except for alterations but take formal cruise wear to a seamtress to be done. Formal wear can be tricky.

Archived