What was the nicest thing you did for a crew member?

Satincruz

I thought of this thread so that everyone can share their good ideas, with the title inspired by the "What was the nicest thing a crew member did for you?" thread :)

My own happened quite by accident. When I went on my first cruise back in 2002, I didn't know at all what to expect. I'm a very picky eater, and I was worried that there might not be too many things I'd like to eat, so I packed almost half a suitcase full of snacks and chocolate candy (!)

Well needless to say, I found many great things to eat :D So a couple days into the cruise, I realized I wouldn't be needing the candy after all, and I started to give it out here and there to my favorite pizza guys, buffet workers and stewards. It seemed to be very well received, so to carry on the tradition, ever since that first cruise I've been bringing along some Hershey Kisses or Snickers minis or other small candies, to be able to share them with my favorite crew on each cruise. Of course everyone likes money, but this is just an extra small thing to do, to make them feel special.

As an extra benefit--chocolate candy is one thing that is usually hard to come by on a ship (except for the pillow mints).

• 1 month later...

On our first cruise, we made a towel animal holding a nice tip for our room steward. She loved it and said no one had ever made her one.

On our second cruise, one of the bartenders celebrated his birthday on Grand Turk. We took pictures of his celebration and gave him a CD of it. He wrote me just this week and mentioned it. :)

Great idea for a thread. Thank you!

Some good ideas. I will have to pick up some candy [ I hope I can have some will power and leave some for the room steward ]

We will be cruising for Valentines Day and I bought the room steward a card and some of those hearts with a message. I think I will still get some choc. though.

Archived