Cave tubing water temp?

dvweb2

I'll be in Belize with my family 1st week in January. Done Alta Hun tour last time so looking for something different. Cave tubing could be fun, but I hate being cold...and tubing sounds like it might be cold this time of the year? Any input from people who recently went, or who went last year in late december or early January?

Thanks.

we just got back yesterday and we did cave tubing with Major Tom last Thursday. Our guides told us the water temp would be "refreshing" ... and it was at first. I think someone else had said it was 74 degrees year round. It was AWESOME. hoping you are booked with Major Tom.

Did cave tubing last week with Jaguar Paw. It was great. The water was fairly cold as you stepped into it, but you got used to it pretty quickly. Our guide showed us where to jump off the rocks into the water and I felt like that was a great way to get soaked.

ETA: I did wear a "rash guard" top, which is like a long swim shirt. I think it helped with the temperature a lot.

Just back and the water was cool but ok. You get used to it once you are in. I will say that while I am glad we did this....I would not do it again. It was so crowded in the caves...felt like a ride at Disney World! It gets really noisy when there are so many people there. We were there very early...one of the first off the ship...but this is just a popular attraction and many are there.

We went last week and the water is cool when you get in...but not too cold. I am a scuba diver and I get cold very easily, but I was not cold after the initial adjustment to the water temp. When I dive I wear a full suit with a hooded vest and shorty over it...but for cave tubing, I wore a bathing suit. We have used cavetubing dot com several times and I highly recommend them. If you do the zipline or ATV tour first, the inital crowd in the caves will have already gone on ahead of you, so the crowd will be much smaller.

I would NOT recommend this tour without a guide to pull and "steer" you through. Doing this with the ship's excursion will make you float freestyle (without a guide). Our guide showed us huge thorns on wild bamboo that grew along the edge of the water and said that within the last year one person cave tubing was "sacrificed" when she was floating freestyle. :eek:

Cavetubing dot com will make sure you are safe and they will get you back to the pier with time to spare.

--Susan

We went last week and the water is cool when you get in...but not too cold. I am a scuba diver and I get cold very easily, but I was not cold after the initial adjustment to the water temp. When I dive I wear a full suit with a hooded vest and shorty over it...but for cave tubing, I wore a bathing suit. We have used cavetubing dot com several times and I highly recommend them. If you do the zipline or ATV tour first, the inital crowd in the caves will have already gone on ahead of you, so the crowd will be much smaller.

I would NOT recommend this tour without a guide to pull and "steer" you through. Doing this with the ship's excursion will make you float freestyle (without a guide). Our guide showed us huge thorns on wild bamboo that grew along the edge of the water and said that within the last year one person cave tubing was "sacrificed" when she was floating freestyle. :eek:

Cavetubing dot com will make sure you are safe and they will get you back to the pier with time to spare.

--Susan

We are doing the same tour you did. We are only doing the cave tubing, not the ATV or zipline. What time did they get you back to the tender?

I am pretty sure that we got back to the cruise terminal about 3:30. The bus was already back ahead of us, though, so I would say you could expect to get back earlier. Yhony and his workers will make sure you get back with time to spare. You will love the day with them!:D

--Susan

I am pretty sure that we got back to the cruise terminal about 3:30. The bus was already back ahead of us, though, so I would say you could expect to get back earlier. Yhony and his workers will make sure you get back with time to spare. You will love the day with them!:D

--Susan

Cool, thanks for the reply.

Archived