nativechoice or Island Marketing for Kohunlich?

dvweb2

thenativechoice seems more upfront than Island Marketing (costamayacruiseexcursions) on the time it takes to get there (2 hrs vs. 1.5 unless they drive faster :-) but I can't tell if one of them has a better tour, or if they are both about the same? Which one would you recommend for Kohunlich?

Thanks.

I don't recall exactly how long the trip to Kohunlich was with Native Choice. What I do recall is that our group had a wonderful tour to a beautiful and unique ancient Mayan city. Originally the tour called for a stop at the Laguna Azul but, because we wandered around the ruins for so long we opted to skip that portion of the trip and head back to the pier.

I do know that it is an all-day tour so if you want time to poke around Majahual or the pier area you may want to book a tour of Chacchoben instead. Our guide on the tour was Enedina and she was a great guide. The Temple of the Masks is a bit of a challenging climb (read: steep and narrow) but well worth the effort to see the magnificent stone masks carved there.

The driving time through Native Choice was 2 hours one-way. The drive itself was very interesting plus it gave our tour guide, Noel, the opportunity to teach us about the Mayans. There was a stop for restroom purposes as well.

I was just there less than 2 weeks ago - let me know if you have any other questions.

I have not been to Kohunlich but just went on the Native Choice Mayan Experience Chacchoben ruins tour with visit to a Mayan village/home including lunch. We had a great day with Noel & Ivan. I wouldn't hesitate to go on any tour they offer.

We went to Kochlich with Native Choice. The ruins are really interesting & our guide Joel a former school teacher was incredibly knowledgeable.

The part that annoyed me was that we booked Dzanbich which was cancelled that morning but we didn't learn that until we arrived. They wouldn't refund our deposit even though they had cancelled the tour. So we went to Kochonlich. I must have had 3-4 e-mails back & forth with Ivan & he recommended the other site so I was disspointed. I had been looking forward to going somewhere not offered by our ship.

Under the circumstances I think if Native Choice had any integrity they would have offered us a refund rather than holding our deposit hostage. We wanted to see ruins & would have picked another tour but the principle that after they cancelled the tour they still wouldn't refund our money really makes me question the company's ethics.

Go b/c the ruins are worth it but understand the possible consequences.

Archived